SOLD - La Scala pair SOLD

jimjimbo

OK kids, here we go with another item from the vault.....a pair of 1976 La Scalas that sound absolutely fantastic.  Fully rehabbed by me over the period of a few months, a labor of love for sure, but time to let them go. Cabinets were coated with two coats of Duratex.  They look great.

Crites CT-125 tweeters

K55M mid drivers - horns damped with Dynamat, and horn painted with Rustoleum Canyon Black.

Eminence Kappa 15C woofers

Crites A/4500 crossovers

All drivers have new hookup wires

Cabinets are solid and physically sound.

Laser badges!!

Located in N. Indiana.  Happy to audition. 

$950, paypal preferred.  Please PM me with any more questions or interest.  Thanks for looking.  This is a very sweet pair of La Scalas...

IMG_1612 (Large).JPG

IMG_1617 (Large).JPG

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Tim, if you get down this way, please let me know.  You are more than welcome.

Honestly if i had floor space for these i would have already shot you a PM Jim. I am going to do some rearranging of furniture in my head to see if i could accommodate them.

7 minutes ago, teaman said:

Honestly if i had floor space for these i would have already shot you a PM Jim. I am going to do some rearranging of furniture in my head to see if i could accommodate them.

I appreciate that, but my offer wasn't relative to the sale, it was a simple invitation.

You have furniture in your head?  Damn, that's got to be uncomfortable....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Yes they are.  Only posted 10 minutes ago!!  LOL

And you still have them?  What is wrong with people????  :lol:

Seriously, nice work, expert selection of components and a price way less than I would expect for such a nice set of 'Scalas.

8 minutes ago, Davidd1067 said:

Beauties,would you consider putting on pallet with cushioning and ship if I paid for the trouble ?

Thank you for the compliment.  I would consider just about anything if you paid for the trouble....Would need to hire a service to come and do the packaging and palletizing.  

9 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I appreciate that, but my offer wasn't relative to the sale, it was a simple invitation.

You have furniture in your head?  Damn, that's got to be uncomfortable....

Yeah, it sucks, couches and tables keep ending up on top of each other, now my equilibrium is off...lol. I would love to head down sometime and check out your place and all the goodies Jim, thank you for the invitation. I would be even more inclined if I knew my trip would have a pair of La Scalas to keep me company on the way back. That is why the furniture in my head is an issue...lol

OK, wait.....Let me think about this.....:ph34r:

Honestly, I'm not out to make a killing on anything.  I have enjoyed them (although they really haven't gotten a bunch of hours on them), and now I hope someone else can enjoy them.  I had a very, very satisfying time rehabbing these, and now I've got other projects in the queue......

OK folks, I just need to let you know that I have had an amazing response to this, and since posts here are sequenced and time stamped, the first person that states here in public AND sends me a PM saying I'll take them, will get them, pending payment.  I just don't want there to be any misunderstandings or hard feelings.  Thanks very much.

BTW, I will not have these posted anywhere other than here on the forum.  Would like to keep them in the family.

• Like 3