Hello! New 1977 era La Scalas owner here!

JohnKuthe

4 hours ago, ricktate said:

www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/kord-speaker-wire/sp/kord-ultra-flex-12-gauge-speaker-wire-100/    This all you need.....What are you going to power them with. Here's a pic of my 1980 ones that i veneered and rebuilt the crossovers.

IMAG0326.jpg

Love the PWK logo on the squawker!!

14 hours ago, ricktate said:

www.knukonceptz.com/home-theater/speaker-wire/kord-speaker-wire/sp/kord-ultra-flex-12-gauge-speaker-wire-100/    This all you need.....What are you going to power them with. Here's a pic of my 1980 ones that i veneered and rebuilt the crossovers.

IMAG0326.jpg

I'm powering it with a Technics SU-V98 amp, rated at 110W per channel into 8 ohms. It does a great job as the La Scalas are super efficient and the SU-V98 has plenty of power to spare!

I've got some NEW vinyl that I'm loving! Miles Davis "******* Brew" OMG!!! 

John Kuthe...

On 2/21/2018 at 11:52 PM, dtel said:

Welcome John, but really growing up is not a requirement. Have fun, looks like a big space. :emotion-21:

You said sub, I would look into a horn sub for the best match.

Oh, I kinda misspoke~! I MEANT to say that as a KID I listened to my father's 20 watt Macintosh tube amp MONO into a 15" Altec Lansing studio monitor speaker, so I kinda know what accurate music reproduction sounds like! And here it is again in the La Scalas! IN STEREO! :-) Yay!

John Kuthe...