Heresy III - home theater use? My 'forever' speakers

wuzzzer

Looking to upgrade.  If I get a new pair of Heresy speakers they'll be my 'forever' speakers.  In the past I had forte IIs and Chorus Is as far as Klipsch three ways.  They were very nice.

I like the idea of buying new, being the original owner and all the upgrades that the Heresy III speakers have.  They'll be paired with my dual SVS SB-2000s so no worries as far as bass.  I like the size of them, as they will stack easily on top of my subs.  I like the 'portability' of the size as well.  They'd be mated up with my RB-5 II surrounds.

10 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Looking to upgrade.  If I get a new pair of Heresy speakers they'll be my 'forever' speakers.  In the past I had forte IIs and Chorus Is as far as Klipsch three ways.  They were very nice.

I like the idea of buying new, being the original owner and all the upgrades that the Heresy III speakers have.  They'll be paired with my dual SVS SB-2000s so no worries as far as bass.  I like the size of them, as they will stack easily on top of my subs.  I like the 'portability' of the size as well.  They'd be mated up with my RB-5 II surrounds.

I personally would find a nice pair of older original Heresy's and load them up with the Crites upgrades; CT-120 tweeters, A55-g mids and rebuilt crossovers, that top end is absolutely killer and would blow the doors off the H-III's IMO and could be had for around half the price of new.

I have 3 Heresy ls across the front of my HT and the crossovers were updated by Bob Crites as well as having his CT125 tweeters using an Outlaw Audio (Hsu) sub...I think it sounds very nice...I'd bet the Hllls will sound even better...

I also have Quartets or Chorus lls to choose but for that HT I choose Heresys...

Bill

59 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I personally would find a nice pair of older original Heresy's and load them up with the Crites upgrades; CT-120 tweeters, A55-g mids and rebuilt crossovers, that top end is absolutely killer and would blow the doors off the H-III's IMO and could be had for around half the price of new.

uhhh... no.

Matter of opinion (as you noted).

Another option would be to find some Heresy II's and upgrade to III's.  You will have plywood cab H III's this way!  I love mine!  I did install a little bracing while I was at it.

All my Heritage are "forever" speakers... but I can see paring down once they move me to the nursing home some day.