2 Channel/amp

Terry Palmer

I've had Forte III's sustaining 110 db easily on bass heavy rap in a large room with a little 45 watt per channel slim line Marantz receiver.  You just don't need much.  I have a Parasound Halo A23 on them now and I'm very happy but that's still more than what they need.  

3 hours ago, Terry Palmer said:

I did buy the Bluetooth adapter. I like it so far.

Sweet! Glad you're rockin out. I bought that same bluetooth adapter. Used it for a month before giving it to a friend. Been meaning to pick up another, thanks for the reminder.

That Denon looks good. 80 watts each channel will power your Fortes well.

Sweet! Glad you're rockin out. I bought that same bluetooth adapter. Used it for a month before giving it to a friend. Been meaning to pick up another, thanks for the reminder.
That Denon looks good. 80 watts each channel will power your Fortes well.

Thanks man!! I read some reviews it seems a lot of people like the DRA-397, it also got good reviews also on its phono pre amp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A few days ago I enjoyed the Forte III at Stereofil in Oslo. They were fed from this tiny little Luxman SQ-N10: http://www.luxman.com/product.php?pid=49

A pretty cheap(for a Luxman) integrated tube amp with EL84. China built.

I think it was a wonderful combination. Played 10-15 songs from a Tidal playlist with old and new favorites - and got blown away!

Then I ordered a pair of FIII in walnut.

My first post btw, but a long time reader.

• Like 3

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, hammershaug said:

A few days ago I enjoyed the Forte III at Stereofil in Oslo. They were fed from this tiny little Luxman SQ-N10: http://www.luxman.com/product.php?pid=49

I think it was a wonderful combination. Played 10-15 songs from a Tidal playlist with old and new favorites - and got blown away!

Welcome and good choice.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 2/27/2018 at 4:54 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I've had Forte III's sustaining 110 db easily on bass heavy rap in a large room with a little 45 watt per channel slim line Marantz receiver. 

Rap, there should be some kind of law? :o OK I know your a young dude so we will just look the other way for now. :unsure:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hammershaug said:

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum!  :emotion-21:  :emotion-19: 

So you ordered the Forte III in Walnut, eh?  Nothing like jumping to the front of the line!  :D

If you think about it, take some pics when they get there, let us see your setup.  We love living vicariously through others.  B)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammershaug said:

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. It’s been a long jump, actually. My Klipsch journey started back in 1995 with these:
https://flic.kr/p/yhoMtz

Fast forward to 2015 and my next Klipsch; Heresy III walnut:
Tubes & horns

Will post some pics when I get the Fortes. Maybe in another thread.
4 long weeks. Oh my!

Jan

Great photos on flickr.  Nice equipment.

• Like 1