Garage-Man Cave System

Limerock

Fellow Klipsch'ers!  I'm New, being right up front!  I have a big Garage-ManCave, L shaped 25' x 50' x 14' ft ceilings with 15' x 25' x 14' leg.  The walls are

rough cut poplar, pine and sycamore boards on one side and painted OSB on other.  Metal ceiling with wood beams and all LED lighting.  73" Mitsubishi TV

and a Denon AVR3300 7.2 rcvr.  I am thinking about RP-280F for front L + R, RP 450C for center,  2  R-112SW for Subs,  2  RP 250S for L + R Surround Middle

and 2 RP 250S for L + R Surround Rear.  My Question ... should I replace Middle and Rear Surround Speakers for RP 160M  for the height of the ceiling at 14 ft,

hanging them from the ceiling at the 10 ft ?  This will be my first Klipsch Experience and I want it to be right the first time, I'm very interested in your products

and will appreciate any advice!!  I'm a US Navy Veteran, Sonar Tech, Love Great Music and American Made!!   

• Like 2

Welcome Limerock, thank you for your service! Lots of Navy guys around here. With a room that large, you should stay with a true surround speaker like the RP250s that you have already chosen. The RP160 is more of a bookshelf speaker. Just curious, are you using your whole room as an HT, or just part of it? You might consider going to the larger R115 for the subs, especially for a room that large. We love pics around here. Good luck. 

The Garage is all open, main listening area will be 25' X 35' with surround speakers , middle and rear at the 10' height.  Middle will be

mounted on the walls and rear will be hanging from the ceiling.  This will be the detailing side of my garage for my cars and partying when

I move them outside.  I'm  glad I seen  ceptorman  said he likes the RP 250S!  This was my original choice, will follow with some Pics after

ordering and installing.  Thanks a Lot, time to start buying!!  I have never seen a Speaker Forum and this says a lot about Klipsch Speakers,

Thank you All, Great Site!!  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jwc said:

So what is the sub model here?  Looks small for a 684

That's  KPT-684 in the middle.  Those KI-396's (15" woofer, 3" titanium tweeter) are pretty big, the picture is deceiving.  34"h x 20" w on the face of it, 16" deep.  The 684 is 23.5" wide, and since it's on it's side...

Man that system is capable of fairly ridiculous SPL.  

I think my AVR-X3300W Denon would be sucked dry by those Monsters @ 600 watts ea!!!  Your giving my great ideas for upgrading

down the road and bigger budget.  Maybe by them I'll just want 2 Channel and LaScala's!!  Hell with the TV stuff!!!

On 2/23/2018 at 7:03 AM, jwc said:

So what is the sub model here?  Looks small for a 684.

20180202_072527.jpg

Yes, it's a 684.  It's really deep, I think 41 inches or so.  The grill and emblem were added by me and don't come on a stock 684.  I just wanted the front to look like a 396.

On 2/23/2018 at 8:21 PM, bkevind said:

Man that system is capable of fairly ridiculous SPL.  

It's crazy really.  I have a really looooooong driveway from the garage to the street.  You can crank it up, go to the road and hear the highs slapping off the houses across the street and beyond.  They eat up the 550 watts I give each of them.

• Moderators
On 3/2/2018 at 9:14 AM, CECAA850 said:

Yes, it's a 684.  It's really deep, I think 41 inches or so.  The grill and emblem were added by me and don't come on a stock 684.  I just wanted the front to look like a 396.

I was looking through some old Pilgrimage pictures and when I seen this pic it made me think of your garage speakers. This was 2011, the 396 was new and Roy set this up for the bands to play,  plus a few subs. You can imagine how this sounded, and they were fired up and filling the park. :emotion-21:

pilgrimage_2011-1_(239).JPG

pilgrimage_2011-1_(74).JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...