Swapped speakers tonight (RB-5 II and KG 4)

wuzzzer

In anticipation of some future changes in my setup tonight I moved my KG 4s to surround duty and my RB-5 IIs to the front just to try it out.

Wow!  I really, really love the sound these 'bookshelf' speakers put out!  I know @Chief bonehead had said they're the best voiced bookshelf speakers Klipsch has ever made.  I'd have to agree.  Listening to some Abba on them right now pretty loudly.  The best part is my wife is sitting right next to me and hasn't told me turn it down once!  She's singing along and in a great mood!

I have them stacked on my SVS SB-2000s and it's a good height although they could be raised a bit to be at ear height.  I have perfect stands for that that they were on when they were surrounds.  I'll have to try them that way tomorrow.  For right now I'm just enjoying the beautiful sound!

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 2/21/2018 at 10:17 PM, wuzzzer said:

Listening to some Abba on them right now pretty loudly.  The best part is my wife is sitting right next to me and hasn't told me turn it down once!  She's singing along and in a great mood!

Good deal, they must sound good, never heard them before. :emotion-21:

From what your saying that's great, if the wife is happy Wuzzzer is happy, you need to tell her what you said about her earlier, she will smile. B)

• Like 1

I take it these will be for surround duty?  I have RB-81's, the younger brother of the 5's in the small HT setup in the basement that are LF and RF.  They work well for me.  The sub I have in there is good, but lacks some of the upper bass punch these bookshelves need in my opinion.  I'm using an SVS 20-39 PCi cylinder sub in there.  Great for the deep low end, but lacking on the upper.  Your subs, to me, are a good match for the 5's.  Should sound nice having the 4 positions matched.  What are you using for a center?

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, WillyBob said:

I "teased" myself with a pair of R15M. The RB5 II is similar with the titanium horn and Ceramitallic woofer, correct? I can imagine they are nice. The entry level offerings are pretty nice. Beyond my expectations

They're not at all similar.

The RB-5 II has a titanium tweeter, the R-15M has an aluminum.  The RB-5 II uses z-wiring internal, the R-15M doesn't.  The RB-5 uses a cerametallic 8" woofer, the R-15M uses a plastic IMG somethingorother 5" woofer.  The RB-5's crossover is superior to the R-15M.  The wood finish on the RB-5's are much nicer too.

No comparison.  RB-5's hands down better.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ACV92 said:

I take it these will be for surround duty?  I have RB-81's, the younger brother of the 5's in the small HT setup in the basement that are LF and RF.  They work well for me.  The sub I have in there is good, but lacks some of the upper bass punch these bookshelves need in my opinion.  I'm using an SVS 20-39 PCi cylinder sub in there.  Great for the deep low end, but lacking on the upper.  Your subs, to me, are a good match for the 5's.  Should sound nice having the 4 positions matched.  What are you using for a center?

Yes, they'll be my surrounds.

No center at this time.  Going to passively search for an RC-7.

19 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

When I get bittersweet and lonely for their sound and looks, I'll come knocking. Thanks Brandon. The black RB-5 pair going to Mark are the last I have (sniff).

For a bit I was after a 5.1 Mah RB-5s all around, but you know.....tastes change and space does not abide. I need a warehouse.

I have Gorm's RB-5MA's that you could come visit too if you need.  Look, but don't touch :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

In my house, as the floorstanders moved in the bookshelf models got used less and less.

I'm in the same boat. I got mine to go with a pair of RF-5s. They haven't gotten much use since I replaced the RF-5s and I use the KP-2500-Cs when I need something more portable. They're awesome speakers, just don't get much use considering what else is plugged in at the moment.

• Like 1