Klipschorns Wisconsin - Saturday sale

haydukej

Thanks for the heads up, @haydukej! I am in Wisconsin and only about 70 minutes from Waukesha. BUT I have family plans that day up in north central Wisconsin This will be the second pair of Klipschorns I have missed in a week. These are so close, and look to be newer with the pie logo on the grille.

Still haven't heard Klipschorns. Someday!

2 minutes ago, EPICKLIPSCHFAN said:

nice!  there ya go rivernuggets,  told ya timing would work itself out for you.  be there bright & early to grab em otherwise i bet they are gone asap.

Timing......hah! Second pair taunting me and I can't get there to seal the deal.

Does this mean some dude will just walk up to my house with a pair of ten year old Klipschorns for $500?

• Like 1

shoot, being that close & that nice looking i would be trying my best to get out of the family plans.. or get a friend/family member to go there for you. 

but yes, im sure some dude will be bringing you $500 K-horns soon!  ;)

Hmm, I wonder if I should give the estate sale a try? Thanks for the alert. I think 2K would be to high for just collecting. Trouble with Khorns, I only have a right corner in my Klipsch room used mainly for surround sound tv viewing. The left speaker is basically in the middle of a 30 foot long wall. Audyssey XT32 fixes some of that for me though. Why do I never see any Belles FS here?

27 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Hmm, I wonder if I should give the estate sale a try? Thanks for the alert. I think 2K would be to high for just collecting. 

To a degree you're right.  I have a spreadsheet showing Khorns in good condition with Type AA XO's averaging about $2,077.  At $2K that is close to fair market value and should you decide to sell them you would likely get your money back out of them.

I had Khorns from that era which had terrible corners, one side a picture window, the other side our front door (my wife hated that :rolleyes:).  They work better than you might think even if they don't have perfect corners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, baron167 said:

Same build as mine. I paid 2250 and am very happy. Made a very long round trip in one day for them.

Mine were black and in good shape but probably not as nice looking a finish as the ones being offered.  I sold mine for $2600 and the Buyer drove 5 hours one-way to pick them up and he was thrilled to have them.

Money be damned, the Khorn sale is still tops on my Seller's Remorse list.  I loved listening to them every day I had them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Mine were black and in good shape but probably not as nice looking a finish as the ones being offered.  I sold mine for $2600 and the Buyer drove 5 hours one-way to pick them up and he was thrilled to have them.

Money be damned, the Khorn sale is still tops on my Seller's Remorse list.  I loved listening to them every day I had them.

so - what did you replace them with?  I gather you're not as happy with the replacement as you were with the Khorns?

1 minute ago, -js- said:

so - what did you replace them with?  I gather you're not as happy with the replacement as you were with the Khorns?

I picked up a more WAF friendly RF-83 package.  RF-83, RC-64 and RS-62, all in black.  These pieces work together and look better in my medium sized living room.  The sound is very good with the RC-64 being the star of this show.

I loved the Khorns in 2.0 despite the limitations of my room but I was never able to properly integrate them into a 5.1 system.  The problem was the more speakers I added the more the pure sound of the Khorns was relegated into the background. 

Khorns unleashed are a pure joy to listen to.  The RF-83 package only suffers by comparison.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I picked up a more WAF friendly RF-83 package.  RF-83, RC-64 and RS-62, all in black.  These pieces work together and look better in my medium sized living room.  The sound is very good with the RC-64 being the star of this show.

I loved the Khorns in 2.0 despite the limitations of my room but I was never able to properly integrate them into a 5.1 system.  The problem was the more speakers I added the more the pure sound of the Khorns was relegated into the background. 

Khorns unleashed are a pure joy to listen to.  The RF-83 package only suffers by comparison.

plus he has some hot rodded cf-4s that im sure make the K-horn remorse tolerable!  ;)  

funny, i sold my cf-4s for K-horns & still miss the epics!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I understand completely - WAF being what it is for some of us who are challenged as such, and I count myself in that group.

our main room has I guess all our stuff - TV, cabinet for all the gear + my CW & NAS.  I'd love to jump on a pair of K horns.  if I did, I don't think I really have the room.  but after this job thing settles and I see if we're moving etc, I may still do it anyway if the op presents itself.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EPICKLIPSCHFAN said:

plus he has some hot rodded cf-4s that im sure make the K-horn remorse tolerable!  ;)  

My computer room, right side corner.  I don't have too many speakers, I have a room that's too small.  :D

Small 00001.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1