KG 4s any good?

ckohan

I can get a set in very good  condition with risers for $250-$300.  I have read they are legendary and I should buy them quickly. Weird design. A woffer on the back of the speakers. (edit: I now realize the back is basically a fake speaker to help the bass.) 

27657021_1843452219059718_6637088787399836934_n.jpg

kg4.jpg

Edited by ckohan

One of the longest made and original in the kg series along with kg2s, the Kg4s are enjoyed by many and that price seems in the sweet spot...

no rear facing woofer, those are on the front and there are two of them...the back has a passive radiator to extend the bass response...enjoy and good luck

Bill

• Like 1

They were my very first pair of Klipsch speakers bought in late 80s early 90s, IIRC. Got them brand new from The Stereo Shop in Ann Arbor, MI. These speakers changed my life....well not maybe quite that big of a deal. Enough of memory lane. They sound great, I enjoyed them for many years. I'd still have them today if I did not keep moving up the Klipsch food chain. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed by them.

19 minutes ago, dusty_bottoms said:

... I fear the KG4 is a gateway drug.

Absolutely!

• Like 1