How to pack Heresy & How NOT to . . .

DizRotus

Just a thought on this HIP thing.............before you cut a hole in the rear,  for the "Super Heresy PORT," you may want to try converting to a Heresy 1 Type E Network, with a Cornwall B2 woofer section. This would balance/increase the bass output from the front port relative to the mid/tweet section. I would allow for placement right up against a wall, which, you cant really do with a Super Heresy, since you'd be choking off the rear port. Either way, use lots of insulation in the box, like I did, to kill the excess midrangeoutpus from the woofer bouncing around the box.

On 2/25/2018 at 1:09 PM, WillyBob said:

It will take an SUV or minivan to move them?

I have picked up, and delivered, La Scalas in my 2007 Subaru Forester (and in my '96 Blazer...). They fit between the wheel wells on both, with an inch or so to spare. Once the rear seat is folded down, I placed a piece of cheap MDF in the back, allowing a smooth surface to slide in the LS (crossways - top on the left, bottom on the right) on an old wool blanket, the LS on their backs. Super easy! The single piece of MDF cover the hinges and what-not on the floor and seat back. I should have taken pics...

Bruce

I

On 4/14/2018 at 10:23 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

Just a thought on this HIP thing.............before you cut a hole in the rear,  for the "Super Heresy PORT," you may want to try converting to a Heresy 1 Type E Network, with a Cornwall B2 woofer section. This would balance/increase the bass output from the front port relative to the mid/tweet section. I would allow for placement right up against a wall, which, you cant really do with a Super Heresy, since you'd be choking off the rear port. Either way, use lots of insulation in the box, like I did, to kill the excess midrangeoutpus from the woofer bouncing around the box.

Do you have a schematic of the network you describe above?  I probably have one somewhere, plus I can look at what exists now for my scratchbuilt Supers, but a clean copy of your approved design would be welcomed.

The HIPs have pristine appearing Type AA networks.  My inclination would be to not modify Type AAs, but to build from scratch or modify Type Es.  At first, I can use the networks currently hooked to my Supers, as they are still outside the boxes.  The Crites @BEC 3636 autotransformers allow fine tuning.  Another pair of those autoformers would be needed.

The networks in the H2s are on the terminal cups.  Drat.

378B0870-D6E2-4048-B98C-9866496275E2.jpeg