SOLD : Upgraded Klipsch Quartet Oiled Oak

314carpenter

SOLD:

First time ever offered for sale since I purchased them from Audio Ventures which is located in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Upgrades are all Bob Crites, specifically the B&K Sound titanium tweeter diaphram replacements, and the B & K Sound crossovers with full board replacements. Since owning them, I have discarded the original Quartet boxes I bought them in, so this pair is not available for shipping, but delivery will be considered in PM's only. If you are coming from a longer distance, send me a PM, and I will see if I can help subsidize your travel expenses.  Upgrades are all Bob Crites, specifically the B&K Sound titanium tweeter diaphram replacements, and the B&K Sound crossovers with full board replacements.

The cabinets are in as near perfect condition as I have seen in this series of Extended Heritage speakers. The Oiled Oak is all original, and has been maintained using Watco Rejuvenating Oil, and Howard's Feed N' Wax. 

The original grill fabric is the RARE special order Brown (20). This too is in top condition, with now flaws.

The original factor riser bases are in great condition, and if you can detect a flaw, you have better eyes than me.

All original parts are preserved in bubble wrap, and plastic shoe boxes and will be provided in the sale.

I used these in mainly as my front main speakers, but the last few years, they were delegated to rear surround sound duty. I have gone through a series of upgrades and no longer can find any use for them, and see no future use for them either. Since then, I have stored them safely away in a spare bedroom. In my opinion these have a much higher value when you consider the condition, and higher WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) due to the size and color combination that blends in better with a home decor. You could easily put them in any room in your house, including the most formal of spaces. The price I have listed is simply a reflection of the speakers, the condition, and the upgrade cost. I am loosing a substantial amount of money that I have invested in these Quartets selling them at this highly discounted price. These do not compare with the other unmolested, all original stock condition pairs you find at lower prices, so don't try it.  Serious buyers can have all the photos they want. Sorry Klipsch community forums restrict photos to 2MB so the details on here will not be enough to show the level of condition. I will email the highest resolution photos I can take.