kp250 tweeter diaphragm?

51coronet

I picked up a set of KP250.  Hooked them up and noticed they were much louder than my la scalas hmmm.  Turns out both tweeters are blown. 

What is a replacement diaphragm for the tweeters?  Is this correct https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Factory-Speaker-Repair-Diaphragm-Titanium-K-79-K-100Ti-D-K100Ti/111975849301?hash=item1a1247dd55:g:Gz8AAOSwBLlVZQHQ

I'm fine going to titanium if it is a correct replacement.  Nothing I find references the k792 tweeter.

Thanks

The Crites titanium diaphrams are the correct (and BEST!) replacement.

I recently put them in a pair of K-792’s I got off Ebay for a song. They now reside in my Forte II’s.

The K-792 have the same (smaller) magnet as the K-76.

With a little filing to the top of the lens where the bolts attach, the larger magnet from a K-75 (or K-79) will fit that lens and effectively give you a K-107-ti. The screws are longer on the K-792 to accomodate the phase plug insert not present on a K-79/75/76.

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Are you sure it isn't a k-79-k tweeter?  Sometimes it's hard to read the ink stamp on those.

The KP-250 II uses the k-792, the Tractrix version of the k-79.

9 minutes ago, geoff. said:

The Crites titanium diaphrams are the correct (and BEST!) replacement.

I recently put them in a pair of K-792’s I got off Ebay for a song. They now reside in my Forte II’s.

The K-792 have the same (smaller) magnet as the K-76.

With a little filing to the top of the lens where the bolts attach, the larger magnet from a K-75 (or K-79) will fit that lens and effectively give you a K-107-ti. The screws are longer on the K-792 to accomodate the phase plug insert not present on a K-79/75/76.

It's odd you say the magnet is smaller, I have two pairs and they are the same size as my k-75's and k-79's?