Pair of Heresy HWLs for sale

Pete in Missouri

Hello.  I googled "how much are Klipsch speakers worth" and low and behold I found there is a whole community (a big one it looks like) of Klipsch aficionados.  I am impressed.

I bought a pair of HWLs in 1983 (I think) when I had more money than I knew what to do with.  And I always loved stereo equipment.  Most teenage guys had the Farrah Fawcett poster in her red swim suit.  I had pictures that I'd cut out of magazines of Nakamichi, Bose, Klipsch, etc. equipment.  I still love the sound of music, but my wife wants me to sell my pair (of speakers).

They still sound as good as always.  There are some surface scratches, particularly the bottoms.  But the fronts, backs, tops, and sides are in pretty decent shape.  I can only load 2MB worth of pics, so I'll start with these two.  If someone is interested, I can post more.  Oh, and if it matters, the backs have never been opened and the serial numbers are sequential.

I would also love to know what you all think these might be worth, even if there's no buyer her.  That way I could try Craigslist or eBay.

Thank you.

Pete

Screena.jpg

Backa.jpg

• Like 2

I am actually in the market for some H1. I am hoping to find a dinged up pair and do an exotic veneer but these would be a grab asap and plug in if local to me in the Carolinas. Based on my decent market knowledge, a pair like that could bring $800-900 if you wait out for a buyer and easily $700 within a few days of listing.

Looks like some finish correction on the top there?

I'd say between $500 and $600 - but a lot of that depends on the market in your area and how long you're wanting to sit on them.  Could always list them at $1000 and just tell the wife "no one is buying them" :P

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The History Kid said:

Looks like some finish correction on the top there?

I'd say between $500 and $600 - but a lot of that depends on the market in your area and how long you're wanting to sit on them.  Could always list them at $1000 and just tell the wife "no one is buying them" :P

I've only put lemon oil on them since I bought them.  I treated the bottoms today with Old English scratch cover for light woods.

Haha about the $1000 listing.  

And I could sit on them a month or two if no one bites at a higher price.

Thanks for the input and making me laugh.

Pete

Very nice speakers, I would think $500 for Gen 1 in that good of shape. I just picked up a pair of mint Birch Raw Heresy I for $400 delivered so that is what I am basing it on. You can list them for whatever you like though, there will surely be buyers out there for more than my posted price. GLWS or have fun keeping them. Win win!

8 hours ago, Pete in Missouri said:

I bought a pair of HWLs in 1983 (I think)...  And I always loved stereo equipment...  I still love the sound of music, but...

You've had these for thirty five years and they still look like new. I think you should keep them and share your thoughts with the Klipsch community.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

You've had these for thirty five years and they still look like new. I think you should keep them and share your thoughts with the Klipsch community.

You know, you may be right.  I've had these 2 playing "surround sound duty" while my Bose held the front row seats.  When I made these my front force to make sure they were good for this post, and to clean them up, I was really amazed by the breadth of sonic force the exuded.  

They are just so big, my wife thinks they look "two thousand and late". 

She got used to my 470 HP Dodge Charger SRT, so maybe she'll learn to accept them as an offshoot of me....

I'll keep y'all posted.

Pete

6 minutes ago, Pete in Missouri said:

You know, you may be right.  I've had these 2 playing "surround sound duty" while my Bose held the front row seats.  When I made these my front force to make sure they were good for this post, and to clean them up, I was really amazed by the breadth of sonic force the exuded.  

They are just so big, my wife thinks they look "two thousand and late". 

She got used to my 470 HP Dodge Charger SRT, so maybe she'll learn to accept them as an offshoot of me....

I'll keep y'all posted.

Pete

You have a PM - 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...