What bases do i need for RP-160M?

Nicka84

Welcome to the forums.  I would go with a stand that puts them at ear height, or just above.  There are many designs that will work just fine.  I know some people will use ones that you can fill with sand.  It helps to keep them from resonating and adds weight to the stand such that they are less likely to be knocked over. 

The rps have a plinth, or wood base that is screwed into the speaker itself.. i do not know how/if u might be able to make them work with the base too.  The screws do come out in case u dont want to use the base so . it's possible, but I have no idea how the might line up.  I looked at mine, there are 4 screws and they look to be about 2 inches from each edge of thr base.

2 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

The rps have a plinth, or wood base that is screwed into the speaker itself.. i do not know how/if u might be able to make them work with the base too.  The screws do come out in case u dont want to use the base so . it's possible, but I have no idea how the might line up.  I looked at mine, there are 4 screws and they look to be about 2 inches from each edge of thr base.

Where do you have put yours? In this picture is screwed on the base or is just placed over?

0ba54c_6cf9450deba14a46b3ab8f05aacae4b9~mv2-1.jpg

In most cases bookshelves are just placed on the stands.  It would completely depend upon the individual and their parameters.  In a kids and pet free environment no stands would be fine.  

Those RP160ms are bricks though so I would at a minimum strap them down if not find a way to attach them.  There are sticky connectors you can use like a putty that stick them down well, or if made for the speaker,  holes might line up.  I used velcro for a friends setup and it worked amazingly.  I stuck a big set of strips onto the stand, plugged them into their counterparts, removed the sticky tape and then pressed the speaker down in the right place and then we tested it by pulling the speaker off.  It has worked great.  

Mine are on wall mounts, and also safety strapped for good measure.  I dont want one person or pet hurt by a falling speaker nor do I want to damage the speaker or furniture/floor.  

There are many other options, look around and pick what u like.  It only needs to support the weight and be relatively stable.  Some have clamps or connector screws.  

I used Monoprice stands for mine. Sit on top perfectly. $55.00. Well made, solid stand. I don’t have the speakers attached to stand. The speakers sit almost perfectly on them.  Look at them at monoprice.com or amazon.

i removed the bases on the speakers.

1FA17D55-9062-43AD-B5BC-9099E16C9315.png

18 hours ago, RTR said:

I used Monoprice stands for mine. Sit on top perfectly. $55.00. Well made, solid stand. I don’t have the speakers attached to stand. The speakers sit almost perfectly on them.  Look at them at monoprice.com or amazon.

i removed the bases on the speakers.

1FA17D55-9062-43AD-B5BC-9099E16C9315.png

Thanks, very interesting!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
El 25/2/2018 a las 18:31, Nicka84 dijo:

¿Dónde ha puesto el tuyo? ¿En esta foto se atornilla a la base o solo se coloca encima?

On 25/2/2018 at 18:31, Nicka84 said:

¿Dónde has puesto el tuyo? En esta foto se atornilla a la base o solo se coloca encima?