Wire upgrde

KROCK

Greetings everyone! I've been lurking the forum for years, I finally joined last month. I just purchased 1982 Corwalls. Waiting on Al to build a pair of Universal cross overs, being their 36 years old. I'm going to keep the networks outside the box. I can use some suggestions on what wire & gauge to feed the drivers via 6 gang terminal block (GOLD). My receiver is a Fisher 800 C fully restored.   

33 minutes ago, KROCK said:

I can use some suggestions on what wire & gauge to feed the drivers

I would suggest speaker wire in 14 or 16 awg.  Use Oxygen Free Copper (OFC).  I use Monoprice 12 awg for standard speaker runs.  Get extra, there is no such thing as too much speaker wire. 

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=2789

If you want to use 12 awg it won't hurt anything.  It will be a little more difficult to work with and I can't think of any audible or technical improvement.

I saw where Knu was also suggested, that is also an excellent wire.  As long as it is a quality wire and manufacturer, use whichever you are comfortable with.

4 minutes ago, Deang said:

I've used that stuff before.  I bought a nice MTM kit from Madisound and they included that wire in the kit, good stuff.

It's still OFC wire which is what I recommend for speaker wire.

The SUPRA Classic series comprises highly flexible cables containing tin plated multi-stranded OFC copper

Your Cornwall’s already use tin annealed copper wire from the drivers to the crossover (unless you changed it) - it’s perfectly fine, and I would just keep right on using it - unless audio nervosa is setting in, and you just want new. 

5 minutes ago, Deang said:

Cornwall’s already use tin annealed copper wire from the drivers to the crossover

I've a curiosity question, if you care to comment.

PWK is quite well known for recommending lamp cord.  Was he referring only to wire from the amp to the speaker?  The "tin annealed copper wore from the drivers to the crossover" you refer to sounds like a much better quality wire with superior audio qualities.