RF7 II not sounding clear

Therearemany

Hello everyone,

I recently hooked up my RF7IIs, RC64II and two bookshelf speakers to a Denon x3400H. When selecting the stereo setting to test the sound from RF7s alone, the sound lacks distinct clarity and volume. I feel like the RF7s aren't getting enough power but Im not experienced in these matters at all. Any ideas what might be causing this? It might be the old wires Im using but when putting my ears near the bookshelf speakers, they sound pretty good to me. 

Thanks!

Edited by Therearemany

What are you using as a source for what you're listening to?  Did you double check that you have red to red and black to black connected right?  Do you have the bi wire jumpers in place?  Did you run you're receivers speaker setup program like Audyssey?

Are you bi wiring the speakers then?  If not and you only have one of the red and one of the black inputs on the speakers connected you're only powering either the woofers or the tweeters, not both.  The bottom inputs are for the woofers and the top inputs are for the tweeters.

The metal jumpers need to be in place or a wire connecting red to red and black to black.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Are you bi wiring the speakers then?  If not and you only have one of the red and one of the black inputs on the speakers connected you're only powering either the woofers or the tweeters, not both.  The bottom inputs are for the woofers and the top inputs are for the tweeters.

The metal jumpers need to be in place or a wire connecting red to red and black to black.

Good call...they should look like this or wire connectors in their place.

KlipschReferenceRF7II_Anschluesse.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Therearemany said:

Thanks that clarifies a lot. And no I am not biwiring the speakers. Just to clarify further, the metal jumpers and one set of wires for one R7II should power both the woofers and the tweeters (equivalent to having two sets of cables?). 

I'll bet they sound better now huh?