IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!

CECAA850

@Chad

My phone is a Samsung S5.  Whenever I respond to a post and type in (or it's automatically added) an apostrophe, the message gets posted.  Normally I have to edit the posted reply to finish a sentence or thought.  It never happens on my PC, no matter which one I use so it's not a forum setting.  Any ideas?

Go to Settings, Privacy, scroll down to Clear Browsing Data. Change the Time Range to "All Time" and make sure Browsing History, Cookies and Site Data, and Cached Images and Files are checked off, then clear the data

4 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Go to Settings, Privacy, scroll down to Clear Browsing Data. Change the Time Range to "All Time" and make sure Browsing History, Cookies and Site Data, and Cached Images and Files are checked off, then clear the data

Just did it, thanks.  I haven't done that since I got the phone 4 years ago so I'm sure there was a bunch of stuff in there.  If it fixes it (or if it doesn't) I'll report back.

Test to see if it's working.

Nope.

I typed its and selected the proper "it's" from my suggested spelling list and it took me out of the typing area and tried to post.  Seems it only does it when there's an apostrophe suggested in a word and I select the correct word from a list of suggestions. 

21 minutes ago, Chad said:

Another question - are you using the stock android keyboard (as opposed to a 3rd party keyboard app)

Also, which version of Android? And which browser?

Stock keyboard

Samsung internet 6.4.10.5

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Stock keyboard

Samsung internet 6.4.10.5

If you have another browser on your phone, have you tried that? what were the results?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chad said:

If you have another browser on your phone, have you tried that? what were the results?

Don't have so I haven't tried.  I've just been using what's been loaded on the phone when I bought it.  This problem only started in the last couple months.

• Administrators

If at all possible, try using a 3rd party keyboard app (such as the Google keyboard), and/or a different mobile browser such as Firefox or Chrome.

I'd do this myself, but I don't have access to that particular device/os combo.

I'm not seeing anything about this sort of thing being a common issue, so to me that means it is unlikely related to the forum itself, but I can't say that's the case with 100% certainty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

Time to get a new phone, lol.  The Galaxy S9 is now out.:mellow::(:D

I have the unlocked S7 Edge purchased outright as I do not do contracts, you pizz me off, I fire you. They offered me $75 for it in trade for the S9. I am rushing headlong to the store to capture that DEAL.