Nice CW decorators

mustang guy

12 hours ago, pzannucci said:

put some acoustic panels on the walls.

That's a bit of a stretch. You have no idea what the rear of the room looks like, your not accounting for the crown molding, or the dampening effect of the blanket draped over the back of the couch, and you've never even been in the room! 

I call Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Just now, thebes said:

That's a bit of a stretch. You have no idea what the rear of the room looks like, your not accounting for the crown molding, or the dampening effect of the blanket draped over the back of the couch, and you've never even been in the room! 

I call Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Good call, NOT!!!! 

The reason I say to put up the acoustic panels on the walls next to the speakers (reflection point) is that if they are not toed in as much as they are now, they will reflect off the walls next to them (unless they are sponge) which can majorly mess up imaging and change the balance significantly....  Easy to see if you open your eyes :lol: 

Nice room!   The one reason I can see for the drastic toe-in would be to widen the (not as sweet) sweet spot.  For example the person sitting on the left side of the couch might actually have a better listening experience this way than with the left speaker, which is much closer,  aimed more directly at him as you would have with less toe-in.   

Yeah, I like doing something about those first reflections on the side walls.  The owner can hear for himself what it sounds like now.  I'd be willin' to bet they would like some panels somewhere in there and that would be the first place they'd go if mine. :)   Never know... the rest of the room might be solid red velvet drapes.  Now THAT would class up the place don't you think?

Before I understood imaging and sound staging, I placed my Cornwalls just like that.  

1. Get a GOOD subwoofer (and I do not mean the "home theatre" variety) or stereo pair to replace the bass you'll lose (and then some) to

2. Getting those Cornwalls about 2 foot from the back wall 6 in from the side walls and angle them so they intersect about 2 feet BEHIND the center listening position.   

3. Wait for 3D imaging to ensue. 

Or not. But it would not take but a few minutes to try #2 to see if #3 happens for you.