RF-7II, R28F, RF82-II

dross

Okay, I have found that the AVR that I have does not have equal capabilities between the Front main speakers and the Zone 2 speakers.

I was running the RF-7's through the Zone 2, thinking that those two channels had the exact same output as the main channels.

I found after switching my speakers so that the RF-7's were on the main instead of Zone 2 that they (the mains) go louder and have more bass.

When comparing the RF7s to my R28f's I disabled Audyssey and set speaker levels to 0db. Turned off the equalizer. I thought that with these settings that Zone 2 would be the same as the fronts...I was wrong. Zone 2 is weak in power and lacking in bass. I would estimate its power output at no more than 65% of the main channels.

It also appears that the mains start distorting (clipping?) at about -8db with the RF-7s, while on the R28fs it doesn't appear to start distorting until 0db. Apparently the larger speakers are demanding more current from the amp.

I still want to get another amp for the RF-7's, preferably an integrated one. I want to be able to go to at least 0db without distortion.

I would also be open to a receiver, as I like to listen to FM radio sometimes. I don't know if there are any receivers out there with high power and low distortion though.