new VBAT surrounds :)

Virtual Boundary Array Technology (VBAT) Cinema Surround speakers utilize a pair of patented skewed horns for an extremely wide dispersion pattern-perfect as a sound wall for the latest digital sound formats such as Dolby Atmos™.

In a conventional surround array VBAT reduces the required number of surround speakers by up to 50%. A tight vertical dispersion horn married with high output woofers also creates a long throw with high output, ideal for today’s larger auditoriums.

On 2/28/2018 at 1:37 PM, CECAA850 said:

Basically 2 horns for better coverage as far as I can tell.

Yeah but I got them in hopes that they're a little less aggressive than a direct firing horn.  I don't like horns firing right into my ear, don't think it sounds like a surround ought to in a home environment.  These should be more dispersed and have more ambiance.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Surrounds shouldn't fire into your ear.  Normally they should fire 2 ft over your head. 

I know my living room is "less than ideal"  (understatement) but I've never been able to get comfortable with my RS-62 surrounds.  I've gone back to 3.0 in the living room and the front RF-83 and RC-64 soundstage is solid, even without a sub.