RB-5 IIs - wow

wuzzzer

Man these speakers can really hold their own.  So incredibly detailed.  They're my favorite Klipsch that I've ever had, which includes:

RF-25

RF-7

forte II

Chorus I

KG 4

Such a huge sound from a small speaker.  Granted, for bookshelf speakers they are quite large.  I bet if you did a blindfolded test to have someone guess what type of speakers they are no one would conclude that they are bookshelves.

I told my wife that now that I went with smaller speakers we should get a bigger tv since there's more room.  She didn't seem to agree.

By the way, cherry plus copper = :wub2:

20180227_172700.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Man these speakers can really hold their own.  So incredibly detailed.  They're my favorite Klipsch that I've ever had, which includes:

RF-25

RF-7

forte II

Chorus I

KG 4

Wow that's quite a compliment considering the ones you've had. Glad you are enjoying them! I have the RB-5's in my bedroom and they really do sound great. Haven't heard the II's so can't comment on a comparison.

Oh, by the way I hate to be the bearer of bad news but someone has stolen your center speaker.:o

6 minutes ago, TasDom said:

Oh, by the way I hate to be the bearer of bad news but someone has stolen your center speaker.:o

Yeah after all the work I went through making a stand for it I ended up selling it.  But, I sold it for twice what I paid so I came out ahead.  Selling some other stuff to build up an RC-7 fund.

As far as I know the only difference between the RB-5 and RB-5 II is the IIs are internally wired with Z series Monster Cable.  I think everything else is exactly the same.

12 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

RF-25

RF-7

forte II

Chorus I

KG 4

Such a huge sound from a small speaker.  Granted, for bookshelf speakers they are quite large.  I bet if you did a blindfolded test to have someone guess what type of speakers they are no one would conclude that they are bookshelves.

I told my wife that now that I went with smaller speakers we should get a bigger tv since there's more room.  She didn't seem to agree.

By the way, cherry plus copper = :wub2:

After all your time on these forums you didn't know that? ;)

1 hour ago, rockhound said:

Love mine as well, if you like the 5ii's you will absolutely be floored when you hear RB-75's.

He's right.  I would not say night and day but noticeable performance gain.

I have owned three pairs of RB-5's over the last 10 years and still consider them the 2nd best Klipsch bookshelf speakers I have ever heard.  They are certainly very special speakers.

Congrats on you new Klipsch discovery.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...