Jimjimbo made me do it ...

Deang

Well since I curved this for my Super Heresy a few years ago (Al K's curves are accurate too)  the output does rise between 8-20Khz, so it's very sibilant for some female voices, but it's recording dependent like all program material. IOW it's the opposite of a K77 which dives after 12Khz. This one is REALLY FLAT. this does help compensate for older guys whose hearing drops after years of Rock Concerts (12 Khz. for me). LOL.

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

And, Mark, since I am to blame for Dean acquiring these, I should have first shot at taking them off his hands, should he feel compelled to dispose of them....LOL

Making another pair of Super Heresys soon. Tell you what, I'll arm wrestle you for them. LOL.

120’s

Jim, I haven’t installed them yet.

I’ve been sitting on the small horns for almost three years. Dave sent them to me to try, and I just never got around to it. But since so many are using these now, I need to hear what they’re hearing (since I’m building again). 

I had to run to the hardware store for the mounting hardware, which ended up being metric. I’ll install them tomorrow or Friday. 

Dave is a wizard. Maybe I can pull him out of retirement. 

4 minutes ago, Deang said:

120’s

I’ve been sitting on the small horns for almost three years. Dave sent them to me to try, and I just never got around to it. But since so many are using these now, I need to hear what they’re hearing (since I’m building again). 

I had to run to the hardware store for the mounting hardware, which ended up being metric. I’ll install them tomorrow or Friday. 

Cool, let us know what you think you think you hear......

2 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

What will they go into?

My Scalas - which also have Dave’s Fastrac LaScala horns and Allen mid-drivers (killer). 

I don’t think the Fc of the horn is low enough for a first order network. With that said - it sure sounds really good though. 

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

And, Mark, since I am to blame for Dean acquiring these, I should have first shot at taking them off his hands, should he feel compelled to dispose of them....LOL

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

OK

Just now, Deang said:

My Scalas - which also have Dave’s Fastrac LaScala horns and Allen mid-drivers (killer). 

I don’t think the Fc of the horn is low enough for a first order network. With that said - it sure sounds really good though. 

So you already put them in? What took you so long. I thought you read up on my original Super Heresy/Baby Cornwall post showing these? Did that not convince you? Or were you just lazy or too busy?

9 minutes ago, Deang said:

120’s

That would be a good thing

Mark

9 minutes ago, Deang said:

When John Warren started pushing the JBL 2404 and Beyma CP-25, he always pointed out that extended frequency response translates to improved transient response. 

He was right. I did the 2404's and his networks on top of my Khorns and they were quite revealing. It was at that point that I thought there were more "delicate" sounding tweeters out there than the K77/EV design from 1957! And the whole time I thought my hearing was the culprit................NOT.

12 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Making another pair of Super Heresys soon. Tell you what, I'll arm wrestle you for them. LOL.

I was kidding too Jim. I can certainly buy my own since I already know how good they are, eh?