Inuke 3000DSP and (2) Umax 15 wiring question

ACV92

So, I'm looking to add another Umax 15 to the low end.  After some checking, I just wanted to be clear that I'm not missing something with the wiring.  Currently, I'm running the (1) Umax in series at 4 ohm (DVC 2 ohm) and the amp in bridged mode.  So there's no way to get (2) DVC 2 ohm subs to be able to run at 4 ohm bridged, it's either 2 ohm (series/parallel), or 1 ohm (parallel), correct?  The manual for the 3000 does not show it can handle a 2 ohm load bridged, it can in stereo, but again, I can't get (1) DVC 2 ohm sub to 2 ohms, just 4 ohm (series) or 1 ohm (parallel), right?  So, basically my only option with this amp and (2) DVC 2 ohm subs is to run them at 4 ohm on 2 channels.  If so, looks like I'll be looking into a different amp next.  Let me know if I'm missing something.  Thanks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ACV92 said:

So, I'm looking to add another Umax 15 to the low end.  After some checking, I just wanted to be clear that I'm not missing something with the wiring.  Currently, I'm running the (1) Umax in series at 4 ohm (DVC 2 ohm) and the amp in bridged mode.  So there's no way to get (2) DVC 2 ohm subs to be able to run at 4 ohm bridged, it's either 2 ohm (series/parallel), or 1 ohm (parallel), correct?  The manual for the 3000 does not show it can handle a 2 ohm load bridged, it can in stereo, but again, I can't get (1) DVC 2 ohm sub to 2 ohms, just 4 ohm (series) or 1 ohm (parallel), right?  So, basically my only option with this amp and (2) DVC 2 ohm subs is to run them at 4 ohm on 2 channels.  If so, looks like I'll be looking into a different amp next.  Let me know if I'm missing something.  Thanks.

That is correct.  While I understand that for various reasons everybody wants every last drop of power to go to their subs that last doubling...say 800 to 1600 is just 3db.  My subs are all ported, i dont run power past their rms ratings...15s get about 800 and 18s get 1000.  Instead i max out the low end with this power and change the hpf and slope to get more bottom end.

If your subs are sealed them i would perhaps agree more power especially with eq...but dont rush to get a 6000.  Adding another sub already gets you 3db and if you are doubling the power another 3db.  And u are doibling power with the 2 unless you ran the bridged 15 at max all the time.  So 6db with the 2nd 15.

Your math is correct.  In my case my 15s have 2 4ohm coils so i run them at 2ohm per channel on a 3000dsp...but like i said even though max is supposedly 1500watts each i still use about 800 max.  I just have no need for maxing them out.    With my 4 subs id guess maxing out would be about 130db.  Id guess reference requires maybe 200 or 300watts each....4 subs nets about 10db boost in my room.  That comes to 64watts each but wth eq and peaks maybe 2 or 3x that at a few frequencies.  

• Thanks 1