Grill Fabric for my Cornwall's

TFR1

@mopardave

What kind of grills are on the Cornwall's in the picture above? Looks very nice.

I would not suggest using a heat gun. Bad things could happen.

If the 'grill board' is tight, it may be best to remove fabric and trim board to proper size. 

Try to stretch a little tighter when you replace fabric.

For my Cornwall grills, I changed my mind again and ordered the lambswool linen fabric.

Jerry

1 minute ago, TFR1 said:

@mopardave

What kind of grills are on the Cornwall's in the picture above? Looks very nice.

I would not suggest using a heat gun. Bad things could happen.

If the 'grill board' is tight, it may be best to remove fabric and trim board to proper size. 

Try to stretch a little tighter when you replace fabric.

For my Cornwall grills, I changed my mind again and ordered the lambswool linen fabric.

Jerry

This is the Bob Crites cane material.  Thanks.   Saggy in the openings. If i have to completely redo i will get the Lambs wool as well.   Just gonna trim edges for now.  When i put the material on the grills, i stretched it as tight as i could get it then laid weights on it to hold it. Sprayed the grills with 3m and laid them on the material.

20 minutes ago, TFR1 said:

@mopardave

Dave, 

If you glued with 3M spray adhesive, a heat gun on low will soften the contact adhesive enough to remove without doing any damage to the cane fabric.

I have done this before after making a fitment error. 

Ok, thanks.  Think i will pull up the lower part stretch and reglue.

@avguytx

Yes, the linen came from 123 Stitch. The tag in the pic shows the item number.

It really has the vintage appearance I wanted.

Only complaint is that the crease down the center has been difficult to iron out.

It arrived stuffed into a 9" x 12" envelope rather than rolled onto a tube and put in a box.

But it is gorgeous!

Linen is really hard to iron... I have a linen dress shirt (from Philippines), and even after having been washed several times I have to use high heat and stean to get it looking proper.

That fabric is 100% linen, so it will be a challenge. It is beautiful, though... I love the look.

Bruce

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Might take it to a local dry cleaners and see if their big bad boy steam irons and presses can straighten it out.

^^^ Probably the simplest way to do it.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

You can order Lambs wool and ask them to roll it up I have done that. They did send one order folded. I got it to smooth out by hot gluing it on the spraying it with water then use a hot air gun on it sparingly.. But it gets real tight and bows the Heresy grill a bit. Then I got an Iron and just heated the glue up while stretching it holding it till the hot glue set up. Hard on fingers but turned out pretty good I think.

IMAG0527.jpg

• Like 1

Your grills came out great!! Not a crease to be found in your pictures.

Mine turned out fine, but without a good commercial laundry and their steam press, I never would have gotten mine flat.

If I do this again, I would insist that the fabric be rolled and shipped in a tube.

Jerry