Long time no see.....Forte III questions

Shakeydeal

Hello all. I haven''t been around here much since selling my  Cornscalas a few years ago. I have had a couple different pairs of very good speakers since then, but considering a pair of Forte IIIs.

Right now I have a buddy's pair of Forte Is in my room. These have the upgraded titanium diaphragms and Crites xovers. They sound very good and fill my 26 x 15 room very nicely. My current speakers are a pair of Danny Ritchie's Super V OB speakers. They are very good in their own right. But there is always something special about a well set up pair of horns.

So I said all that to bring me to my question, and I know it's been speculated on in the past, but no definitive answer that I've been able to find. How much better is the Forte III than a tricked out pair of original Fortes? I borrowed this pair just to get a feel for what to expect in my room, but wonder if I would get more with the III, and if so, how much more?

I would appreciate any and all input.

Thanks

Shakey

Thanks for all the responses. I was actually thinking of buying that pair of F IIIs that were listed here about a month ago. I contacted the guy through Audiomart and he initially responded. Since then he has completely disappeared and will not respond to any emails.

I should know after this weekend what I will do.

Thanks again,

Shakey

I have Forte I with Crites X-overs and Ti tweeters.  I recently had Heresy II with the same mod, sold them.  I very recently bought Heresy IIIs. And if the Forte III are as much as an improvement over the Forte I as the Heresy IIIs are over the Heresy IIs. Then they will be fantastic.   I am temped to get some Forte IIIs myself.  I will wait for used however. I am also interested in the RF7-IIIs.  But I never have had a modern set of Klipsch speakers other than my SB-3 cheapos (which are not all that great).