2 Pre-pros / 1 Amp

schwock5

You could get a stereo preamp that has a home theater bypass feature. Emotiva and Parasound are two brands I’ve used. Then hook the front left and right outputs from your Marantz pre pro to the home theater bypass input on the stereo preamp. Typically this signal would go directly to the amp driving the front left and right speakers. This way the input signals from the prepro and the stereo preamp are kept isolated from each other. 

1 hour ago, schwock5 said:

i'm not trying to mix the signals, i want to ensure they are separated to exactly prevent this issue from happening :-)

I understand, I don't think you would ever do that on purpose.

I'm thinking back to my turntable days when I would be listening loud, then the record would end and automatically return to its cradle.  I would then put on the next LP and "drop the needle" and BAM! because I had forgotten to turn down the volume after the last record was done.

What I am concerned about is that you would accidentally have both on at the same same time.

Edit:  I just read what Cincymat just wrote directly upstream ^^^.  I think that is the way to go, use something with a failsafe completely separating the signals to prevent a disaster

1 hour ago, schwock5 said:

i'm not trying to mix the signals, i want to ensure they are separated to exactly prevent this issue from happening :-)

Don't mix with mine much either. But it sure makes it easy to switch sources. And route signals through processors and such.:)