Cinema F20 Built - Walnut Veneer

SemperFiAg08

It was designed around a very specific driver, which is NLA. I'm using this one, which seems to be the most available and recommended alternative to the original:  https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rss390hf-4-15-reference-hf-subwoofer-4-ohm--295-468
I think that's the one I built it with. It sounds great so far.

And yes, this is my first horn sub. I hear what y'all are saying about the distortion (or lack thereof).

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Looks like somebody has split LaScalas with full metal trim, that's just a cool speaker. imo

First Heritage I ever heard was that speaker, I was holding them for M Colter and they were here for a few months, he said play them so I did. At the time I had a Synergy HT so you know I was impressed with them.

That looks awesome dude. I bet your feelin pretty proud about it. What kind of plywood did you use? I can’t get Baltic birch close to me so I’d rather use what’s available at Home Depot or Lowe’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I built it out of cabinet grade birch. Originally, I was going to stain it. If I could go back and do it again, I'd use MDF and still veneer it. Much cheaper, and easier to get. And you answer your question, yeah, I'm really glad how well it turned out (and how it sounds...lol).

Looks like somebody has split LaScalas with full metal trim, that's just a cool speaker. imo
First Heritage I ever heard was that speaker, I was holding them for M Colter and they were here for a few months, he said play them so I did. At the time I had a Synergy HT so you know I was impressed with them.
Those LSI splits have been my favorite set of Klipsch speakers so far, even as much as I like my Forte II's. To be fair,@CECAA850 did rebuild the internals for me with the Crites titanium tweeters.

They've been great for the garage, I'm just looking forward to really cleaning them up some day.

VERY NICE!! The veneer really makes it! And seeing what's INSIDE!! You should have made one side a diagram of the internal porting out of contrasting veneers!

Maybe I WILL someday! That would be COOL!

John Kuthe...

Thanks. That's would look really cool, but it was challenging enough already without trying to two-tone it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/23/2020 at 3:34 AM, carlthess40 said:

Hello guys

would the Dayton Audio TS400D-4 15" Titanic Mk 4 Subwoofer 4 Ohm work in the F20 cab?

or a have a Dayton 12” HO  Drivers as well, well two of them lol

Also id like to know if any of these would work the larger box  

I'm going off of the advice of someone with way more experience in building subs....if the plans call for something, use that. If not, you'll have a bad time (they're designed for that particular driver).