KP-450

Dave A

I don't remember which one of you had the nerve to laugh at me when I said I had my final system. Then I start finding out about speakers I never knew of like the KP-450's. I have decided that people who come by to buy speakers simply are not going to hear them. Just sold a pair of super pristine KP-301's and KP-115's to a guy and then he wanted to hear the 450's. While we were at it we spent a few hours digging through my pile o stuff and dragged out the Pro La Scalas and a pair of KP-250's and let it rip. I have had these for a few weeks before I got them right with recapping and discovering the wires in one bass bin hooked up wrong and never tested them side by side with the others. It was pretty shocking how much better the 450's were over the La Scalas and that includes the sharp thump your chest bass and percussion I used to be so proud of with the La Scalas. The other stuff sounded kind punky by comparison to and it was a real eye opener.  The guy who just bought the KP setup wanted to know if I could sell them for him so he could get one of the upcoming KP-456's.

Bill H you are so right these are really fabulous speakers and the absolute end of any idea I ever had about wanting homeowner stuff like Cornwalls or K-Horns. I can only imagine what the 456's are going to sound like. If you have never heard these and you get a chance do so.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dave A said:

It was pretty shocking how much better the 450's were over the La Scalas

Dave ... yes; totally agree. :) Got a pair of KPT904's (think they are very similar to the 450's) a month ago and they blow away my Cornwall's (which I am using as "rears" now). The dual 15" woofers are awesome ... took them "out" and they are about twice as heavy as my Cornwall woofers :)  And the horns ... OMG ... the diaphragm is 4 times larger than the ones in the "residential series" (haha).

Cheers, Emile :)