DFW Klipsch on Craigslist

Rudy81

No affiliation, but just saw these on craigslist.

Cornwalls:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ele/d/vintage-klipsch-cornwall/6515699554.html

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ele/d/klipsch-cornwalls/6471001141.html

Belles:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ele/d/klipsch-belle-speakers/6503925456.html

Khorns:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/ele/d/klipsch-klipschorn-speakers/6483231509.html

Seems there is a premium on Klipsch compared to the day when I purchased all of these various models.  Good for you owners of the Heritage brands.

7 minutes ago, Rudy81 said:

Seems there is a premium on Klipsch compared to the day when I purchased all of these various models. 

A couple of those ads are from a father/son flipper team.  They buy, re-veneer and sell Klipsch speakers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rudy81 said:

Seems there is a premium on Klipsch compared to the day when I purchased all of these various models.  Good for you owners of the Heritage brands.

I have observed there is a premium added for pre-owned Klipsch in Texas over the "average" price in other parts of the country.

In the links you provided, a man and his son did an outstanding job of refinishing the speakers with a custom veneer.  The asking price is above market value but to me that is value added, and the price should be whatever a willing Buyer and an willing Seller can agree to.

The last link to 1976 Khorns for $4000 are not identified as being from the same Sellers as the others, but Birch Raw does not look like that!  Those also have that similar looking fantastic veneer job.

17 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

The last link to 1976 Khorns for $4000 are not identified as being from the same Sellers as the others, but Birch Raw does not look like that!  Those also have that similar looking fantastic veneer job.

I disagree on the veneer job.  The grain isn't even close to matching each other.  It would drive me crazy(er).  The serial numbers aren't remotely close to sequential for those that care.

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I disagree on the veneer job.  The grain isn't even close to matching each other.  It would drive me crazy(er).  The serial numbers aren't remotely close to sequential for those that care.

I liked the "look" of the veneer but I'm sure I don't have your critical eye (a compliment) for knowing what a proper veneer job is supposed to look like.  I bow to your superior knowledge on such things. 

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I liked the "look" of the veneer but I'm sure I don't have your critical eye (a compliment) for knowing what a proper veneer job is supposed to look like.  I bow to your superior knowledge on such things. 

The workmanship seems fine.  The grain on one speaker looks different than the grain on the other one (to me).

Absolutely!  Sellers have every right to ask whatever they wish.  I simply noted that the local price of Klipsch is well above anything I ever paid.  I have paid for Cornwalls at $800, Belles $1400 and Khorns $1800 in very good to excellent condition.  I also sold them for similar pricing in the past.  I am glad to see that prices have gone up for those of you who own the Heritage line.  I only have the commercial movie theater line left and a few RSW-15s.