Great Find

NoiseSolution

Hello folks, again new the forum, I was at a flea market and came across a sub-woofer by Definitive Technologies ProSub 800 cube, to my surprise it was acoustic suspension with pressure

coupled passive radiator, I have a few other subs but for its size both being 8 inch and very compact in design, retails for $399 and got this for $75, rated at a true 20hz this was a great find.

Does anyone own this type of sub and if they do, please let me know if you are as satisfied as I am with this sub. I will be using this sub in the bedroom because of its small footprint.

I was surprised the bass radiator didn't have standing waves that would muddy the very lowest frequencies. Thoughts?

"With an Iron Fist and a Velvet Glove we are sheltered under the gun, in the glory game on the power train, thy Kingdom's will be done-and the things that we fear are a weapon they will use against us"

Neil Peart-The weapon

Edited by NoiseSolution
spelling
  • Like 1

I have owned about 5 DT subwoofers over the years, all the way up to the SuperCube Reference. DT inflates their performance numbers quite a bit, and their online reputation is lower than it should be in the audio world. 

With th all that said, I have  enjoyed every DT subwoofer I have ever owned. Their small footprint and big performance are characteristics I usually look for.

Great pickup OP! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply, like  you probably know I would never pay the $399 retail price for this cube. The performance is awesome its just this sub is def made for small rooms. I currently have it hooked up in a large room and it does a fine job, I will be looking for larger woofer sub, I have been switching the satellites up from basic Klipsch R-15 bookshelves, Definitive Technologies Pro Monitor 800's, a set of Bose 301 series 5's ,it seems I HAVE to use it if I want too or not with the Klipsch R-26 towers, I got a great deal at a swap meet for these towers. but I am not pleased with their performance at all and could see why the dealer parted with them for a set of TLX-151 towers, made in like 2000 and a set of Bose 301 series 5 speakers. I think I got lost in the bells and whistles of exotic materials and tractix horns. I have a set of JBL Arena 180, direct comparison speakers, size and performance basically the same, the JBL's soar over these R-26 towers. I just thought at this price point I could hook these up stand alone and listen to any progressive rock song and get superb performance, these fall utterly short of the mark.