How to reduce sub through HD wireless 5.1 remote control?

JhonRambo

Hello!

I just set up my "Klipsch HD Wireless 5.1 Home Theatre" system and the bass is really loud "out of the box" even when volume is set to minimum. You hear the bass more than the actual music, so it's terrible. I know this can be solved, but how conveniently can it be solved? On my other systems remote control I have + and - buttons for the subwoofer to adjust the bass, but the remote control of Klipsch HD Wireless only adjust the volume, not the bass. It's really inconvenient if you have to go into control panel on the TV every time you want to adjust the bass a little up or down. I want to adjust the bass in real time as the music are playing. Please let me know if there is any way I can control the bass, not only the volume, via my remote control, or if I have to buy a new remote control that includes a subwoofer-volume settings.

Thank you very music in advance for any help! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Please confirm you have adjusted the level for speakers?

in: menu/adjust sound/adjust speaker levels

my own speaker settings range from -10 db to +1.5 db for other speakers (as i could not set the loudest one to - 11.5 db)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, mine's max -10db which is bad because bass is still increadible loud. I'm not sure setting it to -10db only reduce bass because what I noticed, having put it to -10db I will have to increase the volume as well. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like setting it to -10db does not only affect bass but sound overall, and if that's the case, I'm at starting point again. With my other speakers I had a soundwoofer +/- button only correcting bass, and I could listen to music without bass at all! I really miss this feature with Klipsch. I'd be willing to buy a new remote control for my Klipsch setup if I had to, just to get bass volume buttons... :/ I guess I can't use a competitors remote control to do this?

Edited by JhonRambo

• 2 months later...

I have to bump this. Is it not possible at all to adjust bass level? I know I can adjust volume levels. All my speakers are at -10db, but that is volume-adjustment, not bass. Every time theres a commerciall on my TV everything goes "boomy". I can't even use any of the "presets/surround modes (neo:6, dolby pliix, direct, stereo)", because all of them also have too high bass.

Edited by JhonRambo