Klipschorn's custom pair = On order....hurry up Klipsch! :-)

Just ordered a new pair of custom Khorns from my dealer last week. I ordered standard walnut finish, gold luster grill cloth, closed backs, with traditional pie logos. 

8 weeks or so to build. Can't wait to get them. :D Should SING with my new McIntosh MC275VI. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, newtune said:

Good to see your back in the fold . 

Thanks. “Someone” on this forum twisted my arm a bit. :-) lol lol!

Two my biggest audio regrets;

1) Selling my McIntosh MC275

2) Selling my 2014 Klipschorns

My world should be at peace again in 8 weeks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Schu said:

Subbed for future pictures... did you get samples of the grill cloth?

It is the 70th anniversary cloth. I had a pair of walnut Heresy III's I special ordered with the 70th cloth and they looked incredible. Thumbs up!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, McBlueMeter said:

Just ordered a new pair of custom Khorns from my dealer last week. I ordered standard walnut finish, gold luster grill cloth, closed backs, with traditional pie logos. 

8 weeks or so to build. Can't wait to get them. :D Should SING with my new McIntosh MC275VI. 

Congrats on the new McIntosh 275. It's a great amp. May I politely suggest that you look into placing better tubes in it. Took me a while to realize the potential of the amp with better tubes, especially the KT88s. Now running BB 12ax7s, RCA 12at7s and Winged "C" KT88s and it is a totally different amp.

18 hours ago, Frank1938 said:

Congrats on the new McIntosh 275. It's a great amp. May I politely suggest that you look into placing better tubes in it. Took me a while to realize the potential of the amp with better tubes, especially the KT88s. Now running BB 12ax7s, RCA 12at7s and Winged "C" KT88s and it is a totally different amp.

Thanks! I agree, the Mc stock tubes are so so....

Personally, I'm a big fan of Goldlions. Ryan at Audio Classics recommended them a few years back with another Mc tube amp I owned. If he's a fan, I'm a fan! Lol, lol :-)

On 3/3/2018 at 9:53 PM, McBlueMeter said:

I had no idea that Klipsch offer customization. Do they do this with other speakers too?

On 3/7/2018 at 12:46 PM, AsD said:

That is very interesting. I might just look into what the different options are! 😉

Klipsch does a REALLY poor job promoting the Heritage line “options” IMHO. It took the Klipsch rep about a month to get back to my dealer with an answer if they could build what I wanted.

I also think their stock black grill cloth is terrible. They could easily improve their stock grill cloth offering. Again, JMHO....

Oh well....I’m getting exactly what I want, so I’m happy.  :-) 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, McBlueMeter said:

Klipsch does a REALLY poor job promoting the Heritage line “options” IMHO. It took the Klipsch rep about a month to get back to my dealer with an answer if they could build what I wanted.

I also think their stock black grill cloth is terrible. They could easily improve their stock grill cloth offering. Again, JMHO....

Oh well....I’m getting exactly what I want, so I’m happy.  :-) 

Maybe your dealer is the issue here. I know several dealers and this is not the norm. @MetropolisLakeOutfitters  

• Like 1

That would most likely be the rep not knowing who or what to ask, or maybe the dealer not staying on top of it. Nothing really takes that long, especially just seeing if something is possible. Takes longer than ideal to get an exact price on a super custom request sometimes but still, about the worst I've ever seen from question to an exact quote is 2 weeks on crazy things. I've had them quote an entire speaker being totally redrawn in CAD with way quicker than that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1