Klipschorn's custom pair = On order....hurry up Klipsch! :-)

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

That would most likely be the rep not knowing who or what to ask, or maybe the dealer not staying on top of it. Nothing really takes that long, especially just seeing if something is possible. Takes longer than ideal to get an exact price on a super custom request sometimes but still, about the worst I've ever seen from question to an exact quote is 2 weeks on crazy things. I've had them quote an entire speaker being totally redrawn in CAD with way quicker than that. 

That’s what I was thinking too!  There’s not a lot of red tape to cut through if you know the proper channels!!!

Maybe the wrong place to post but going from the first post regarding the options on the Klipschorns what difference does closed back to open back make with the music or is this option purely cosmetic?

Cheers

Deano

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Deano1974 said:

Maybe the wrong place to post but going from the first post regarding the options on the Klipschorns what difference does closed back to open back make with the music or is this option purely cosmetic?

Cheers

Deano

The closed back allows the speaker to “not” be placed snug in a corner. If memory serves me, I believe some bass response is lost with the closed design. 

4 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

That would most likely be the rep not knowing who or what to ask, or maybe the dealer not staying on top of it. Nothing really takes that long, especially just seeing if something is possible. Takes longer than ideal to get an exact price on a super custom request sometimes but still, about the worst I've ever seen from question to an exact quote is 2 weeks on crazy things. I've had them quote an entire speaker being totally redrawn in CAD with way quicker than that. 

Could be the rep. My dealer is 1st class. I know he tried to get an answer for sometime.

oh well...all good now. Just have to wait some more.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Deano1974 said:

Cheers

Deano

A Khorn is designed to be sealed tight in a corner, this makes the corner and walls leading away from the speaker part of the speakers last fold of the horn.

With closed backs it does not have to be in a corner and can be toed or angled however you want. Maby not 100% the same affect but it gives much more freedom to position the speaker, or if you do not have good corners.

Edit; I typed this a little while ago and went to look for the picture of the clear Khorn to show him the idea and I couldn't find it, i just seen it somewhere yesterday, then I seen it answered. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, McBlueMeter said:

Klipsch does a REALLY poor job promoting the Heritage line “options” IMHO. It took the Klipsch rep about a month to get back to my dealer with an answer if they could build what I wanted.

I also think their stock black grill cloth is terrible. They could easily improve their stock grill cloth offering. Again, JMHO....

Oh well....I’m getting exactly what I want, so I’m happy.  :-) 

What are the options then? Besides grill cloth?

Glad to hear they will take costume order on some stuff. They should let people know, that's an untapped market they lost a few years back. I really like the lambs wool cloth so much i made new grills for my Heresy's. Think I'm going to do the same for the LaScalas also. 

Cant wait to see what your new K-Horns look like. I saw that grill cloth on the 70th pilgrimage it is awesome.

IMAG0374.jpg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Coytee said:

How's about this one?

Not that one either but it's fine it will pop up. :o It was like the first one but closer and without PWK, I just seen it the other day and can't find it. But I think he got the idea ?

• 2 months later...