Klipschorn or La Sacala or...

Hi everyone

First of all, thank you so much for your comments, you sound like a very nice community, I’m glad I joined.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I was expecting a notification true my regular email service, which I didn’t. I just noticed the check box below...silly of me.

I’ve got the 2 corners available with at least 3 feet side walls, and just about 12 feet between them, so I guess I’m covert for that part. My major concern, as far as the room goes, is the open space in front of where would sit the speakers, and also the fact that at the moment the floor is made of ceramic tiles. Renovation are planed to remove the tiles but to replace by what? I don’t know yet. Ideally, I would put a nice rug, but with two dogs, it would just be impossible to keep it clean, plus my girlfriend has her say in the decoration, and what woman wants... or not.... ;)

Anyway, if you got more comments, recommandations, suggestions or if you come across any good deals for some KH or LS, please, drop me a line.

Thanks again guys,

Claude

Ps: Dirtmudd, I’m certainly thinking about those beautiful KH in London, Ontario. A 2 day trip. Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Claude Emond said:

Hi everyone

First of all, thank you so much for your comments, you sound like a very nice community, I’m glad I joined.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I was expecting a notification true my regular email service, which I didn’t. I just noticed the check box below...silly of me.

I’ve got the 2 corners available with at least 3 feet side walls, and just about 12 feet between them, so I guess I’m covert for that part. My major concern, as far as the room goes, is the open space in front of where would sit the speakers, and also the fact that at the moment the floor is made of ceramic tiles. Renovation are planed to remove the tiles but to replace by what? I don’t know yet. Ideally, I would put a nice rug, but with two dogs, it would just be impossible to keep it clean, plus my girlfriend has her say in the decoration, and what woman wants... or not.... ;)

Anyway, if you got more comments, recommandations, suggestions or if you come across any good deals for some KH or LS, please, drop me a line.

Thanks again guys,

Claude

Ps: Dirtmudd, I’m certainly thinking about those beautiful KH in London, Ontario. A 2 day trip. Thanks for the link.

where are you located....

Finally, I missed the deal in London Ontario. Although we agreed on the price, the seller wouldn’t wait and give the time to organise the transportation. At first, he told me told me that he could wait till after March break (he is a teacher) and then he came back on his word and sold them this Jim guy who was ready and able to pick them up the next day. Very disappointed.

Since KH are very rare, specially in Quebec or Canada, I might turn towards some La Scala. There is a couple of opportunity close by. One is asking a little to much I think 1700$cdn, and the other one is at 1500d. The thing is, the later has not been played for the last 14years. Could that be a problem even If kept under good condition, around 55% humidity? 

Well, here is his very brief answer. 

Built in 75, I have owned them since 77, new tweeter late seventies, have not used them in the last 14 yrs.

What do you guys think?

50 minutes ago, Claude Emond said:

Finally, I missed the deal in London Ontario. Although we agreed on the price, the seller wouldn’t wait and give the time to organise the transportation. At first, he told me told me that he could wait till after March break (he is a teacher) and then he came back on his word and sold them this Jim guy who was ready and able to pick them up the next day. Very disappointed.

Since KH are very rare, specially in Quebec or Canada, I might turn towards some La Scala. There is a couple of opportunity close by. One is asking a little to much I think 1700$cdn, and the other one is at 1500d. The thing is, the later has not been played for the last 14years. Could that be a problem even If kept under good condition, around 55% humidity? 

Built in 75, I have owned them since 77, new tweeter late seventies, have not used them in the last 14 yrs.

What do you guys think?

If they were not stored in high humidity likely they will just need new crossover capacitors, if humid conditions existed in storage they may need more attention.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2018 at 12:00 AM, Peter P. said:

If you're sincerely on a budget, get the LaScala's and a SEALED subwoofer, such as an SVS SB-1000.  I suggest a sealed subwoofer as you'll want a tighter bass attack which is a signature of a sealed sub.

I would rather suggest an SVS SB-4000 sealed sub, the SVS SB-1000 ia a little under rated to go with a speaker like the La Scala.

On 3/10/2018 at 9:17 AM, Claude Emond said:

What do you guys think?

I would not be concerned enough to not at least audition them.