INUKE setup help

jtubbs6117

Metro I am having issues with the software setup to make sure it's right. I have a strong signal from the anthem d1 to the amp being sent by a balanced cable. But the output is crazy dynamic. Low output to nothing at all. Then the amp will clip. The woofer never really has much movement. I contacted Nick at SI he told me he tested both me 18's to past xmax and they are perfectly stable.  The woofer is hooked up to test 4 ohm resting. So the amp in a dual mono setting should see 4 ohms per woofer. Am I right on this is?

In the dsp version gain is set both on the knob and in the dsp settings.   Could this be your issue?

Make sure dynamic eq is off, check all dsp settings....no filters etc, no eq to start.

The amp takes what its given you dont set the ohms....if you send 4 it is amping 4...etc

22 hours ago, jtubbs6117 said:

I have a strong signal from the anthem d1 to the amp being sent by a balanced cable. But the output is crazy dynamic. Low output to nothing at all.

Not sure I can help with this, it sounds like your gain is just cranked to high heavens but surely you've got it at a respectable level.  I'm not familiar with Anthem but surely ARC has something similar to Audyssey where it helps you set levels.  

22 hours ago, jtubbs6117 said:

The woofer never really has much movement.

This sounds like a configuration and wiring issue.  I've seen several people in the home theater enthusiast group complain about this.  I'd double check the wiring configuration on the speakon connectors.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I've seen several people in the home theater enthusiast group complain about this.  I'd double check the wiring configuration on the speakon connectors.  

I've read of people wiring speakons wrong that produce that exact symptom as well.

@jtubbs6117 you might want to do a search on avsforum.com for Inuke 6000 in the DIY Speakers and Subs section.  There are a lot more warm bodies over there who have gone through that exact problem and might be of some help.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/2911854-nu6000dsp-amp-rundown.html

With allow volume, check the wiring and make sure you are at a 4 ohm load.  The HST 18 is 2000 watts RMS. You need to extract everything from the I Nuke to come close to meeting the RMS.  Send me a PM if you need help with the DSP/PEQ.  This is not to say you need to max everything out for the room size of the HT.  It should perform well without being at extremes.  Balanced connection delivers a lower total power output in many cases depending on the associated gear.