Hi Guys & Girls

Deano1974

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, new here and just pulled the trigger on a pair of Cornwall III's and wow they are truly amazing! im now hearing detail i never knew existed in the music, cant believe i waited so long and messed with so many other speakers before these

Anyways looking forward to reading the awesome post from all you klipsch lovers

Cheers

Deano

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Moderators

Welcome and glad you are liking them.

That's alot of dampening on the walls, has it been like that for a while or you added a little at a time ? Just wondering, you don't see that much very often.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for the warm welcome, i had some ribbon tweeter speakers before and a friend of mine who is an ex BBC sound engineer came over to my place and run some tests for me and apparently the foam in the room is what was required, it didnt cost much so i never questioned what was needed

He is the guru [emoji16]

Sounds amazing on all frequencies and its a dedicated room and not that big only 13ft x 10ft

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators
On 3/3/2018 at 9:43 PM, Deano1974 said:

Sounds amazing on all frequencies and its a dedicated room and not that big only 13ft x 10ft

That's almost exactly the size room we have them in, the only difference is being a bedroom the only room treatments is the bed and a chair but is sounds like it's perfect. :)

I like all the sound absorbers, you hear more of the speaker and less of the reflections. It's part of the reason why capable speakers sound great outside. 

LaScala's sound great outside, Cornwalls also. :emotion-14::)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's almost exactly the size room we have them in, the only difference is being a bedroom the only room treatments is the bed and a chair but is sounds like it's perfect. :)

I like all the sound absorbers, you hear more of the speaker and less of the reflections. It's part of the reason why capable speakers sound great outside. 

LaScala's sound great outside, Cornwalls also. :emotion-14::)

yeah but now they are going and the LS II will replace them 

• Like 1

They aren't sound absorbers, Deano lives in The Shaky Isles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaky_Isles) , they are shock absorbers in case the walls fall on the listener.  

(Trans Tasman Rivalry joke for you Northern Hemisphere residents).     
Damn you figured it out lol

Isolation cones limits vibration, tried the TT without and then with them and I feel things are a little tighter in the bass region [emoji6]

What's up with the legs... On the td125 ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wirrunna said:

They aren't sound absorbers, Deano lives in The Shaky Isles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaky_Isles) , they are shock absorbers in case the walls fall on the listener.  

(Trans Tasman Rivalry joke for you Northern Hemisphere residents).     

I have friends in the Hobart area. They've been house sitting for a few years, putting money aside for a house. They already have some land. 

Bruce

• Like 1