Identify a speaker model and age

Hi

I'm new to the forum I own a pair of Heresy 1 speakers and are looking at another set of used speakers. I think there Forte 2. The numbers on the back are

P/N 09000631121

CH2 OAK OIL

S/N 70263

W/O 13653

can anyone tell me what these are and when they were built??

There is a lot of bad info.

The tag is saying Chorus II (likely correct)  You think they're Forte II (why?).  The seller is saying the high priced and only recently in production Forte III. 

Generally, the price is a bit high for Chorus II, though they are great speakers.  

I'd be very careful dealing with a seller who has not correctly identified what he is selling.

http://assets.klipsch.com/product-specsheets/Chorus-II-brochure.pdf

WMcD

• Like 1

He told me they were 3 s I knew they could not be because of the starting production date. Just assumed they were forte’s. Love this forum!! Great having knowledge at your fingertips. I’m sure I’ll pass on these at that price... still lookin

thanks gor the input guys

Fantastic speakers just way over priced, if he really is firm at $1800 he has a long road ahead of him. I'd offer him $600 and tell him to keep your contact info when he decides he actually wants to sell them to give you a call.

• Like 2

If they work and aren’t too scratched up I would meet him halfway in heartbeat.

If they look better than the pictures, maybe more.

Condition really sets the price on anything.

I still have yet to hear a pair of Chorus II’s. 

Bob Crites (qv) has stated he had difficulty hearing the difference between his Cornwalls and Chorus 1’s. And Chorus 2’s are a step or three up from the Chorus 1’s.

HERE'S another data point. This pair of Chorus I's have been on Craigslist for close to a year, and the seller has repeatedly dropped the price, starting closer to $1k.

From the tone of the seller's description, I believe they're well aware of what they're worth on the market and has priced them rationally, even when they started at the $1k point.

So to rephrase what has already been said: If you want the Chorus speakers you're looking at, you might want to arm yourself with some completed listings from eBay and scour Craigslist nationally  and show the seller more realistic prices. Maybe they'll accommodate you.