Identify a speaker model and age

7 minutes ago, Kevin Keefe said:

So I ended up with the Chorus 2’s after all.  Very nice man who knew very little about Klipsch. Not that I do!  He came down to a reasonable price and the speakers are in excellent condition. They have a new home for life.  KK

I'm glad to hear that. 

Most of us here are so wary of scams speaking for myself when I see an unrealistically high price from someone who is unyielding on the price I don't have much patience for that kind of Seller.  I'm glad you pursued the sale and was able to get an apparently nice man a reasonable price for his speakers, and you got what you were looking for. 

Win-win.  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

If i import a pair Chorus II from US to Norway the price will be 1 566.95 USD

That include shipping and tax 🤔 expensive . I will sell my RF 7 II  and  try to get a pair Chorus II 🤔

Edited by raeggis
Moore info

• 2 years later...

Hello all I would appreciate any help identifying the pair of klipsch speakers I have.

P/N 09000541111

F11 Wal Oil

S/N 85146

W/O 16845

They look just like the Chorus ll model on I saw on page one.

6 '" horn tweeter

11.5'' mid horn

12 " woofer

16 " sub-bass radiator 

35.5" tall 

16 5/8" wide

12 .3/8 deep

Thanks

woodtip

I just did some more research and they are the Forte ll.

DRIVE COMPONENTS: K- 75-K tweeter, K-61-K midrange, K-25-K, 12" (30.5 cm) woofer KD-15, IS" (38 cm) sub-bass radiator.

WEIGHT: 67lbs./30.4 kg DIMENSIONS: Height: 35-3/8" (89.9 cm) Widrl1: 16..1/2 (41.9 cm) Depth: 12-1/4 

16 hours ago, woodtip said:

I just did some more research and they are the Forte ll.

DRIVE COMPONENTS: K- 75-K tweeter, K-61-K midrange, K-25-K, 12" (30.5 cm) woofer KD-15, IS" (38 cm) sub-bass radiator.

WEIGHT: 67lbs./30.4 kg DIMENSIONS: Height: 35-3/8" (89.9 cm) Widrl1: 16..1/2 (41.9 cm) Depth: 12-1/4 

Looks like you got it right - forte IIs – very good speaker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodtip said:

ALL I have to do now is tweak the eq and speaker placement (how far apart) and Ill be good to go.

How far from the wall should they be? The speakers are in a live room (no carpet) hard wood floors.

Thanks Alexader

Start with ~8-10 inches from the wall.

Also experiment with a bit of toe in - I have found that having the intersect point to be just behind my seating position works the best. Your preference may differ.

As practical as possible you want your seating position to be equal to the distance between the two speakers. So ideally if the spears were ten feet apart you would want to be ten feet away from each speaker.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 4:42 PM, woodtip said:

Hello all I would appreciate any help identifying the pair of klipsch speakers I have.

P/N 09000541111

F11 Wal Oil

S/N 85146

W/O 16845

They look just like the Chorus ll model on I saw on page one.

6 '" horn tweeter

11.5'' mid horn

12 " woofer

16 " sub-bass radiator 

35.5" tall 

16 5/8" wide

12 .3/8 deep

Thanks

woodtip

Chorus  speakers are 15 inch woofers

On 7/18/2020 at 12:16 PM, woodtip said:

ALL I have to do now is tweak the eq and speaker placement (how far apart) and Ill be good to go.

How far from the wall should they be? The speakers are in a live room (no carpet) hard wood floors.

Thanks Alexader

Try toeing in 45 degrees with the speakers straddling the corners, a foot between the corner to the center back of the speaker, if bass is too boomy or the imaging is too narrow, try moving them away from the corner and/or decreasing the toe in angle. Moving the speakers into the room can increase 3D imaging, but may lower bass response. Make it a point to try several positions.