FS: 4 Original Klipsch Forte 1's, in Virginia

Lin

Bear with me, I'm about a thousand years old and never posted on a forum before. I bought my four floor, wood cabinet Fortes around 1985/6 and used and loved them until my last amp died a couple years ago. (Nakamichi and Yamaha) and had equalizer in pre-digital age. I hooked up all 4 at once placing 2 in front, 2 in back of sofa for early surround sound effect.They were oiled monthly. Cabinets in good original condition.Obviously I loved them to have kept them this long. Since I moved 2 yrs ago they're in my upstairs closet and downstairs climate controlled storage. Interestingly the guy I bought the house from had 2 Fortes in the sunroom. The inspectors signature sticker I believe is on 3 of mine. If anyone is interested in these I will have my handiman pull them out and take pictures but only if there is interest as theyll have to stay out . I dont have an amp to demo these. They are very heavy.  I thought I'd put the word out. You all seem so helpful on this forum and I want them to go to a fan who appreciates them. Any guidance re price or best place to list for sale would be appreciated. Thank you for any responses. Lin

Lin,

Welcome to the forum.

My suggestion would be to post photos to generate the interest.  And of course prices will help also.  Many on the forum have a good idea what market value is for the Fortes but condition, wood finish and location will are pretty important in determining a price to sell for.

Good luck with your sale.

Bill