KLF 10/20 owners, How much toe in?

soupy1970

For you KLF owners, how for are you generally toeing in your mains? I have a 7.4.4 Atmos setup with KLF C-7 for center and surrounds. I'm just curious in a home theater setup with one row of seating (couch). Are you aming at the center seat ears, or are you aiming forward, or backward from that spot? I'm 8-12 inches from side walls, and about 6-9 inches from behind wall. I do have some black out surtains hund behind (side of projector screen). Ignore the tape on the speakers, I put that there to line up my level with center of speaker. I just made new stands for the surrounds, so I am re doing setup. I still need to paind thew top of one stand, I messed up the painted top on that one. 

Thanks,

28768267_10214195867085023_410996989_o.jpg

• Like 1

Soupy...

First..... I am not a KLF owner....

I always thought toe in was...Center line of speaker should be angled directly at sweet spot....or center seating position......If center seating position is farther away toe in is less than if it was closer.....

One other thing......you have a beautiful room

George

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldred said:

Soupy...

First..... I am not a KLF owner....

I always thought toe in was...Center line of speaker should be angled directly at sweet spot....or center seating position......If center seating position is farther away toe in is less than if it was closer.....

One other thing......you have a beautiful room

George

Thanks, Thatis how I have been running them. Toed in to the center of the love seat as if there was a seat there. I was just thinking I might try somethign new. I'm going to try aiming a little less poiting at about a foot behind the usual spot. 

You're set up is Easy. You have a 2 seat listening position.

Some of us have our systems in our living rooms or dens

with multiple seating positions.

So, as far as toe in goes I don't tow in my speakers

to one seating position because I'm covering more area

for more people. I want a pretty even sound coverage

where ever you choose to sit at my house.

• Thanks 1

I've messed with toe-in/out a bunch.  It depends on your room, spacing, etc.  I'm mainly a music guy so I play the same track repeatedly with each subsequent position change.  Try and find that point where the music sounds like it's right in front of you.  Harder to discern left and right.  I'd sit in both positions with each change to see how the imaging sounds to you.  I run a pair of 5.5's, similar, but not the same, two way with horn and two active DR 10's in each cab.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 4:45 PM, blue72 said:

I'm running KLF20s as my mains. I wish someone had all the off-axis measurements for the horns on these things.  If they acted anything like CD waveguides, then you could try the extreme toe-in explained in this paper:
http://www.libinst.com/PublicArticles/Setup of WG Speakers.pdf

For now, I'm running mine pointed roughly right at the MLP.

This turned out to be the best thing I have done for listening quality besides buy the right components and the elimination of this theoretical sweet spot on my two channel system. Now anywhere in my listening area is the sweet spot.