Pairing RC-64iii with RF-7ii

dubs

I am a advocate of "get the best center speaker you can." 

Unless playback is in Mono or All Speakers Stereo, the Fronts and Center playback different content.

Except for you @Youthman.  Your matched L/R/C La Scala's are awesome!  :emotion-21:  :D

• Like 1

Ceptorman, and wvu80 are right on. Someday I will upgrade to the RF-7/3’s. I called a Klipsch Rep and he said they’d sound great with the RF-7/2’s, or at least be the next closest thing to the RF-64/2’s. He said the new 64/3 center channel sounds better than the 64/2.  I’m with wvu80, and want to get the best center channel I can.  And right now the 64/3 is the best center channel Klipsch makes for HT. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Youthman said:

It looks amazing!  Will watch my first movie on the RF-7 III and RC-64 III this weekend.  :)

Have you ever had an RC-64 before?  Did you have one with the RF-83's?

Thanks to Klipsch Inc and your recent  Youtube speaker evals you are in a unique position to answer a LOT of questions I see a many of potential Klipsch buyers asking.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Have you ever had an RC-64 before?  Did you have one with the RF-83's?

Yes, I had the RC-64 with RF-83

Michael-Stevens-La-Scala-Home-Theater-Bu

And my son has the RC-64 II with his RF-7

Klipsch-RF-7-and-RC-64ii-2.jpg

That I bought with this package

gallery_25073_7_394549.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

you are in a unique position to answer a LOT of questions I see a many of potential Klipsch buyers asking.

That is exactly why I reached out to Klipsch back in November about reviewing the RF-7 III since everyone was asking how different were they from the RF-7 or the RF-7 II.  I own the RF-7 and RF-7 II and Klipsch thought it was a great idea so they sent me a pair to review.  After moving them into the theater room, I realized reviewing the RF-7 III for home theater without the matching center would be weird so they graciously sent me RC-64 III to review as well.  My goal is to provide as much info as I can on them during the time that I have them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Youth, let me know what you think about the 64iii. After I talked to the Klipsch rep, and I noticed u had ur son pair the 64ii with his original RF-7’s. I thought it may not sound bad to have the 64iii paired with my 7ii’s. It’d be awesome if you could demo that setup (7ii’s & 64iii) for a song or two, or for an action scene or two. That’d be awesome. Let me know. Appreciate it. 😎👍🏼

Edited by dubs

On 3/9/2018 at 1:26 AM, dubs said:

Youth, let me know what you think about the 64iii.

@dubsIf you want to get someone's attention, type the @ sign and start to type their name.  Then click on their name from the drop down menu, @Youthman.  It will send them an alert the next time they sign in.

If you quote their post and reply to them it also sends an alert.

• Moderators

wvu80 is correct, tagging someone in a post is the best way to alert someone you are directing a question to them.  

My guess is the RC-64 III will sound just a tad more relaxed and smoother than the RF-7 II but I wouldn’t think it would sound bad necessarily.  

If you are eventually wanting to get the matching RF-7 III, Go for it.  If you are planning on keeping the RF-7 II, try and find the matching (both visually and sonically) the RC-64 II.

@wvu80 good lookin out. I’m on the fence with what I should do with my 7/2’s. I think I will eventually (5-10 years) get then RF-7/3’s I don’t think that the 64/3 will sound bad with the 7/2’s, as stated in earlier posts on this thread, they don’t all process the same material(unless in 7ch stereo). So to pinpoint the differences will be difficult to naked ear. I will get the 64/3 and exchange for 64/2 if it’s that bad.

• Like 2