Value of Belle Klipsch other questions.

kink56

My Rosewood Belles are factory. That tag should say BK-RL, looks like BK-WO from what I see, so those are re-veneered. They are not MINT, at least what I understand that to mean. Beautiful none the less... might try that trick yourself. Find a beat up pair and have them professionally veneered. They’ll mean even more to you once they are done.

I once worked at Gates Lear Jet in Tucson. I fit and installed interiors.  The cabinet department was behind so I volunteered to learn and do veneer work. But that was only for a few weeks back in the mid 1980s.      Also Tucson has always had a very small middle class.  Most people are poor or rich here. (most being poor) our wages are about 1/2 of even the Phoenix area but certainly 1/2 of Las Vegas.    Nice audiophile stuff just does not show up around here that often, even though we had Jerry's Audio that sold Klipsch for a couple of decades. 

1 hour ago, kink56 said:

So $3500-$5500 depending on how much someone wants them?     The ones I am looking at look even nicer than that Seattle set.     I am in AZ. 

No, that is too much for Belles.  That is even too high for Khorns.

PM sent.

Just now, USNRET said:

I humbly remind that I sold a pair of Belles (originally walnut) re-cast to Santos Rosewood with aftermarket products for $4000.00 so there are exceptions.

You don't have to remind me, those were gorgeous and worth every penny!

With yours I started with the top dollar and then value added for the professional level veneer job, and then value added again for top XO mods, not just a simple recap.

21 minutes ago, USNRET said:

I humbly remind that I sold a pair of Belles (originally walnut) re-cast to Santos Rosewood with aftermarket products for $4000.00 so there are exceptions.

Do you have pictures of them? 

16 minutes ago, kink56 said:

:blink: WOW

Just remember that between original purchase price of $400.00 picked up from CL in Atlanta and the cost of veneer (purchased) / labor (contracted) plus modification with 2" wooden horns, BMS drivers, tweeters and another member's crossovers I still lost about 1.5 to 2K in the sale. Shhh, don't tell the wife.

• Haha 1

It's ok to pay an amount that is considered "too much"  if you are considering it to be artwork in your opinion.  As long as you don't want to turn around and re-sell it who cares.   Just realize you may never get anyone else to pay that amount if you decide to go a different direction down the road.

3 hours ago, Schu said:

^  :facepalm:

I wouldn't pay more than 2000 to maybe 2200 for a pair of factory finished Belles with cane grills... LESS than that for black or brown grills.

I'd MUCH RATHER own la scalas because they are a better speaker imho... certainly the Klipschorn is.

Belles are a nice oddity and specialty item with an ode to a lovely wife, but it's not in the same league as the LS or K'horn.

How is it not the same league? 

On another note, the Sonicaps aren't more than $50.00 mod, which to me wouldn't increase the value of a stock speaker(just my two cents).  Now drop the Eliptrac 400 in there and I would pay up 3k for those lovely looking Belles. With the stock k500 $2500-$2700 for that pair.  Location may be a factor.  Anything over 3k, I would start looking at Jubilees.

1 hour ago, jvs1670 said:

It's ok to pay an amount that is considered "too much"  if you are considering it to be artwork in your opinion.  As long as you don't want to turn around and re-sell it who cares.   Just realize you may never get anyone else to pay that amount if you decide to go a different direction down the road.

Story of my life!  

I think the seller is trying to get paid for all the veneer work he has put into them. He has done others and plans to do more.    I would probably have to pay MORE if I found a set in need of restoration and then paid someone to re-veneer them.     He may find that it is not very easy to get your money back on such an endeavor. 

34 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Belles are a nice oddity and specialty item with an ode to a lovely wife, but it's not in the same league as the LS

Owned both, stock, same room, same equipment, same media and you are correct the LS in no way sounds as good as the Belle measured by my ears.

Oh, way before any cosmetic or internal changes... STOCK

Ears-room-opinion

• Like 1