Would this work? Mwm+jubes

Md5150

I recently got mwm bins so I took the 402 from my jubes to use with them. I'm extreamly happy with them but my jube bins have just been sitting here unused and I'd like to integrate them back into my system. In the past I have tried blending different speakers together with very poor results, they always sounded like they where competing with each other rather than complimenting each other. Will I run into the same problem if I try to use them both together? 

One of my issues will be placement. The way I see it is I have 4 options.

1. Move my tv and audio rack and put the Jube bins between the mwm/402.

2. Piggy back the jube bins on top of the mwm's, they will fit and would also have the benifit of being back in a corner but the 402 horn would be directly in front of the jube bin. This could cause problems?  

3. Put the jube bins back in the corners with 402 and move the mwm bins between the jubes where my tv and audio rack is now.

4. Put the jube bins on the opposite wall on either side of my couch.

5. Sell the jube bins and get a couple more mwm's

It will be alot of work moving these huge bins around a bunch of times to find best placement so any suggestions before I give myself a hernia? Out of those options I like the idea of stacking the jube bins on top of the mwm's because I think the bass would blend the best, but I could be completely wrong. Here's a couple pics of my room.

20180306_194621.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I like my TV high so that I'm not looking down when I'm relaxed or reclined. Have headroom to have the Jubes under the TV?

Ya There is enough room to put the tv on top of a Jube bin. That's a possible option.

39 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

You need subwoofers

Yes I do! I plan to have 2 subs made this spring/summer, probably Tuba's. I would still like a couple more mwm's to complete my system. The subs will probably be crossed very low so I don't think they will add much chest thumping bass.

This is a good problem to have.  But I would have to agree with JWC and Claude.  If you had a pair of subs there would be no reason for Jubs.  The MWMs are the better and smoother sounding bass cabinet.  A 402 on an MWM works just fine.  Looks like a big room.  You might even want 510s on top of those 402s.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mark1101 said:

This is a good problem to have.  But I would have to agree with JWC and Claude.  If you had a pair of subs there would be no reason for Jubs.  The MWMs are the better and smoother sounding bass cabinet.  A 402 on an MWM works just fine.  Looks like a big room.  You might even want 510s on top of those 402s.

I am definitely getting at least 2 subs once I decide on wich ones to get. I've been advised Tuba subs are the way to go but I want to do alittle more research before I pull the trigger. I want to avoid having to upgrade subs down the road. Right now the 402 and Faital hf20at sound very good, if I keep it 2way I will most likely get TAD'S or another beryllium type driver. If adding a 510 and tweeter could top 402/TAD combo I would be inclined to go in that direction.

Mike.

46 minutes ago, Md5150 said:

I am definitely getting at least 2 subs once I decide on wich ones to get. I've been advised Tuba subs are the way to go but I want to do alittle more research before I pull the trigger. I want to avoid having to upgrade subs down the road. Right now the 402 and Faital hf20at sound very good, if I keep it 2way I will most likely get TAD'S or another beryllium type driver. If adding a 510 and tweeter could top 402/TAD combo I would be inclined to go in that direction.

Mike.

That system deserves an 1802.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2018 at 2:49 PM, CECAA850 said:

That system deserves an 1802.

I'd love to get an 1802 or even a 1502. Problem is, I have 3 very narrow doorways to get things of that size into my cave. If it wasjust one doorway I'd make it bigger.

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:27 AM, Md5150 said:

I'd love to get an 1802 or even a 1502. Problem is, I have 3 very narrow doorways to get things of that size into my cave. If it wasjust one doorway I'd make it bigger.

1502 is NOT an option, measure and check for a KPT-1802. I would put the Jubilee bins up for sale, you should be able to get a decent ammount for them. Then go four MWM, 402 . K-691s. I've told people for a long time that the 402 sounds better with a dual MWM bin or dual single MWM bins. Four MWM settups and an 1802 or two would be awesome. You need to PM Cory Harrison / Metropolis Lake Outfitters  He will save you cash!

Roger

8 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

1502 is NOT an option, measure and check for a KPT-1802. I would put the Jubilee bins up for sale, you should be able to get a decent ammount for them. Then go four MWM, 402 . K-691s. I've told people for a long time that the 402 sounds better with a dual MWM bin or dual single MWM bins. Four MWM settups and an 1802 or two would be awesome. You need to PM Cory Harrison / Metropolis Lake Outfitters  He will save you cash!

Roger

I had R and L channel MWM bins. Started with 4, then went to only 2. Save a ton of space and sounded exactly the same re-balancing the output level. 4 are not needed in the home. Been there, done that. Also, I agree about MWM vs. Jubilee bin...............HOWEVER, if one is severely limited in floor space (like I am now in tiny living room), the the Jubilee is a better choice. Everything in sound engineering is a compromise. I can see from the photos that the OP has plenty of room for anything he wants!

I just picked up 4 more mwm single bins, so now I have 8. I have a few placement options that I'm going to try out.

Option 1. Move my tv and audio rack and put another 2 stacks side by side. So it would be the width of 4 mwm's stacked 2 high. It would have to toe the ones in the middle alittle to make them fit though but then I wouldn't have to move the 402 horn from the corners.

Option 2. Stack 3 bins in each corner with 402 on top. Put the remaining 2 bins sideways next to them.

Option 3. Stack 4 bins in each corner and put the 402 next to the bins. I have no idea if this would sound good. I would have to make a base for the 402 so it would be lvl with listening position.

Option 4. Stand 2 mwm's sideways on each side next to the stacked bins I have in the corners now. I would have to move my tv stand and either wall mount it or put it on top of my audio rack, either is fine. The 402 would stay where it is now.

Once I'm done Duratexing all the bins I will set them up in each configuration and take pics to get advise wich way I will get the best sound and of course see what my ears tell me.