Pizza

Woofers and Tweeters

My wife makes her own dough in the bread machine at times............................as for Florence so far we are getting wind gusts up around 50MPH and sprinkles..........Lots of folks with out power.  Once the rain starts here I am sure we will lose power too. Then its Generator time (I wont be upset if I can skip Generator time) 

The news is Aggravating they seem to be trying to sensationalize every thing, As though the worse things seem the more they like it.......,.I am frankly thinking we dodged a Bullet if Florence had remained a Cat 4 we would have seen MUCH MUCH Worse.................

• Moderators
1 hour ago, joessportster said:

My wife makes her own dough in the bread machine at times..........

I love that stuff, we have one and all the different breads I tried were really good, but I can't have it anymore, just the smell alone when cooking makes your mouth water.

• Moderators

And one eye closed and your head tilted. :lol:

But really a while back I looked at pictures from Utica and thought, I wonder what our little town looks like through the average picture when you search. :o

Apparently we live out in the middle of nowhere with almost no town, but it's part of why we like it. 10,878 people on 11.8 sq miles.

My brother in law is an excellent cook.  Pizza is part of the menu.  

We found a recipe on the Internet for dough where it is allowed to proof over night in the fridge.  It is great but we have not done an A-B test.

One of my gripes is that most toppings are salty and spicy.  The BiL sometimes makes a scampi pizza for me.  Mild cheese, plenty of small shrimp, a touch of garlic in olive oil.  

It is a real change from the usual.  You should try it at home.

WMcD  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/14/2018 at 3:21 PM, dtel said:

Apparently we live out in the middle of nowhere with almost no town, but it's part of why we like it. 10,878 people on 11.8 sq miles.

I used to have that many people in my NEIGHBORHOOD.  I'm more and more liking the idea of a happy medium.  I grow sick of crowds; but love the conveniences of a large city. 

Where I am now would be great ... if the weather didn't suck most of the time. I knew it would be wetter here, but had no idea that the ground outside my door would never get dry ... not one day last summer either; and when the sun is visible, it's such a rare sight that you wonder if an asteroid is about the collide with the Earth. 

Probably isn't a place with great weather, not a lot of people, and reasonably priced homes. 

1.jpg.d413fe46b6df9c6a21d118ba2da7dd00.jpg2.jpg.14525aaf9dbfdba7f9b4bbe6fc3af0f2.jpg2b.jpg.3f4c6bf2e9ba6b88ca96c7233ff27028.jpg3.jpg.c490a42654c7d545a7e851ab0fbb1497.jpg4.jpg.a0d35ba28415e5450a64651ece5a2c06.jpg5.thumb.jpg.cff73be11efe00f5f98ffb34d7cf4e4e.jpg6.jpg.61aa046c02f537437a971681b275f318.jpg7.jpg.acc89170edcf18776afa4e713544ee16.jpg

Learning from the first one, where the baked crust came out a lot smaller than it went in, I doubled the crust size. Still half mushroom due to my GF not liking shrooms. Lesson learned from the second one (last night) was to make the chicken crust a lot thinner. I didn't think it was too thick, but the next one will be a lot thinner. 

• Like 1