Pizza

Woofers and Tweeters

We sometimes buy bobali? pre made pizza crust and made our own pizza with that. Sometimes my wife makes pizza on the grill with store bought pizza dough. The grill pizza is pretty good, very different than traditional pizza.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

We sometimes buy bobali? pre made pizza crust and made our own pizza with that. Sometimes my wife makes pizza on the grill with store bought pizza dough. The grill pizza is pretty good, very different than traditional pizza.

Those Boboli crusts are very good. I make them maybe once a month. My favorite is a chicken parmesan with broccoli and Alfredo sauce.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I want to make my own from scratch. Who here makes there own? 

We've been doing this for maybe six months. Easy to make and turns out quite well.

1 (.25 oz) package active dry yeast

1 t white suger

2 1/2 cups flour

1 cup warm water (110 degrees) - microwave for 60 seconds

2 T olive oil

1 t salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In medium bowl, dissolve yeast and suger in warm water. Let stand 10 mins until creamy. Add flour, salt, and oil and mix together. Let rest 5 mins. Roll dough - makes roughly 4 personal sized pizzas, or make them thicker if you like. Move onto a slightly greased pan, dusted with corn meal (optional, and really good!). Add sauce (we've been using organic canned) and toppings. bake 15-20 minutes.

We usually bake the crusts alone for about 6 minutes, add toppings, then bake for another 10 minutes. Makes for a crispier crust.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

We've been doing this for maybe six months. Easy to make and turns out quite well.

That's what I want to do: Start with the crust. I have bought 2 flowers and other secret ingredients to copy Mellow Mushrooms crust. You must be using fast acting yeast.  

1 minute ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You must be using fast acting yeast.

Yep, the fast stuff. From start to eating, this takes about one hour for our family of four.

Every time we make the crust, it feels great eating five ingredients instead of dozens.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i like Pineapple and Jalapeño and lots of cheese. oh yeah, i prefer deep dish. 

I bought a cast iron skillet just for DD pizza....and still need to make one. I want to double layer it with thin crust, but in a DD....I'm not going to get lighter is I keep over eating. :ph34r:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rivernuggets said:

1 (.25 oz) package active dry yeast

1 t white suger

2 1/2 cups flour

1 cup warm water (110 degrees) - microwave for 60 seconds

2 T olive oil

1 t salt

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In medium bowl, dissolve yeast and suger in warm water. Let stand 10 mins until creamy. Add flour, salt, and oil and mix together. Let rest 5 mins. Roll dough - makes roughly 4 personal sized pizzas, or make them thicker if you like. Move onto a slightly greased pan, dusted with corn meal (optional, and really good!). Add sauce (we've been using organic canned) and toppings. bake 15-20 minutes.

We usually bake the crusts alone for about 6 minutes, add toppings, then bake for another 10 minutes. Makes for a crispier crust.

+1.  We must have watched the same videos.

• Like 2