Pizza

Woofers and Tweeters

1 minute ago, rplace said:

I ship them out the beer forum members from time to time. I'd send you some....but didn't I read that you were on the wagon? Maybe I dreamt that.

I'm really not On the wagon....

but my concern is for Gia...

but I was never much of a drinker...

unless it's COFFEE

but it's hard not having a ice cold one..

once in awhile....

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Pizza has started to be hard on my stomach. I suppose it’s the sauce. I’d be interested in exploring alternate sauces, if any exist.

BSM, my suggestion is eliminate any peppered meats(i.e. pepperoni etc...) and the jalapenos before you blame the sauce. Just my HO.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, babadono said:

BSM, my suggestion is eliminate any peppered meats(i.e. pepperoni etc...) and the jalapenos before you blame the sauce. Just my HO.

IIRC, his doctor has already figured out that he no longer tolerates tomatoes well.  This is not unusual.  I have a friend who doesn't tolerate tomatoes well.  She orders supreme pizzas with "light" sauce.  She doesn't eat ketchup.  Etc.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

When I was little my mom would save some dough and make pizza fritte on the stove.  She'd fry some up and either make a mini pizza with sauce and cheese or just put cinnamon and sugar on them.

that is still done here....at home...

or the Italian church fest....

and it's done also ovoo anchovies

and tomato sauce....

• Like 1

• Moderators

I REALLY need to try this, those pictures look great and the combinations could be endless. The wife is going to look for the dough when at the store, can't wait.

It seems some people here like olives, for those you really need to make this sandwich, it's called a Muffuletta. It's a bun with Italian meats and cheeses, covered in olives salad on one half of the bun the whole thing is baked open baked and put back together when hot. They are very good, but you must like olives. It's called Olive salad here but you have probably seen it before, it is chopped olives and other things in olive oil which takes on the taste of all the ingredients. Any good brand is fine.

Here is a pic of a Muffuletta we made.

Might try a Muffuletta pizza

The original people who invented it. http://www.nolacuisine.com/2009/05/24/central-grocery/

house.jpg

boscoli-kalamata-olive-salad.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dtel said:

it is chopped olives and other things in olive oil which takes on the taste of all the ingredients

We picked up a big bottle of it last time we were in Central Grocery.

Our local grocery store has an olive bar and for $11.99 you can pack a container full of whatever kind you want.  My containers are normally busting at the seams when I'm done.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

From my vast experience at the pizza buffets, I think the majority of people don't much care for BBQ pizza.  I love BBQ pizza!

Me too. Bacon, sausage and onion with BBQ is my go to.

Another great not so popular pie is just a regular tomato based sauce with Italian beef and hot giardiniera.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I have seen it like that before, I like the stuff.

I know it will sound crazy we has some left over in a bottle from the last muffuletta's we made so I used some last night. I put some pasta on a plate with some cut up smoked chicken and put olive salad with the oil on top of the pasta, with some course ground pepper.   I thought it was good but I tend to eat anything so there's no telling, I thought of it because I sometimes just eat pasta with Olive oil and maby grated Parmesan and Romano cheese.

• Like 1

@BigStewMan

If the tomato sauce on pizza is tearing your stomach up look for a pizzeria that makes white pizzas.  It's made with Ricotta, Garlic, Mozzarella , and olive oil.  Each place probably has a variation of it but those are the main ingredients.  If they're done right, they're outstanding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

@BigStewMan

If the tomato sauce on pizza is tearing your stomach up look for a pizzeria that makes white pizzas.  It's made with Ricotta, Garlic, Mozzarella , and olive oil.  Each place probably has a variation of it but those are the main ingredients.  If they're done right, they're outstanding.

roasted and pureed garlic....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

My favorite smell is chopped garlic sautéing in olive oil.  It's like Pavlovs bell to me.

then my friend....you should find

some whole peeled garlic....

and roast it with ovoo...in your oven.....

then puree it....and you can use itt

where chopped garlic is used....or added...but use after your main ingredints ....

or use it as a spread on your sandwich or pizza ..

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

@BigStewMan

IMO this is a MUCH better sauce and pizza. Where we use to live there was a place that sold them like that, it was called artichoke pizza, it was the white sauce that made the whole thing.