Pizza

Woofers and Tweeters

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

We bought one of these ovens and it cooks an awesome wood fired pizza. Pellets are the fuel!

image.png.a504448b20a01f21aad6c06eee136bb1.png

You got two of'em? or is it all done with mirrors?:) Definitely have to check this out when i finally get around to the backside of the house landscaping

• Like 1

I grabbed those photos off the net. Mine is exactly like the nearer one. We have cooked a doz pizzas in it. Really neat setup. We got it off Amazon for $299.00. Lots of favorable reviews out there and many Youtube videos on it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Pizza has started to be hard on my stomach. I suppose it’s the sauce. I’d be interested in exploring alternate sauces, if any exist.

You could make a mexican style pizza, with refried beans instead of pizza sauce. We use Amy's in a can:

https://www.amys.com/our-foods/organic-vegetarian-traditional-refried-beans

They have refried black beans, too. Very yummy.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Did anyone mention this?

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

No, don't bring that stuff 'roun heah.

I would try it, but don't judge by that I would try almost anything.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Nope.  They don't have a buffet.  CiCi's.

Went to one of them many years ago, it was like a daycare with pizza, I did try the bbq pizza because no one else did it was pretty good, but won't go back.

2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

We bought one of these ovens and it cooks an awesome wood fired pizza. Pellets are the fuel!

Very nice, looks like it works perfectly, look at you getting all fancy on us. B)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

I REALLY need to try this, those pictures look great and the combinations could be endless. The wife is going to look for the dough when at the store, can't wait.

It seems some people here like olives, for those you really need to make this sandwich, it's called a Muffuletta. It's a bun with Italian meats and cheeses, covered in olives salad on one half of the bun the whole thing is baked open baked and put back together when hot. They are very good, but you must like olives. It's called Olive salad here but you have probably seen it before, it is chopped olives and other things in olive oil which takes on the taste of all the ingredients. Any good brand is fine.

Here is a pic of a Muffuletta we made.

Might try a Muffuletta pizza

The original people who invented it. http://www.nolacuisine.com/2009/05/24/central-grocery/

house.jpg

boscoli-kalamata-olive-salad.jpg

are the muffuletta made with mortadella ?