What's a price for original Klipsch RF-7's ?!?!

5 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

If everything is in working condition then buy them, you won't be disappointed with what they can do.

The center regularly sells for 250-450 alone if that helps you determine "deal worthy".

Yea I figured it was a good deal because the cheapest RC-7 center channel on eBay is about 320 plus $60 shipping & the rest are about $500-$600 however I did see an entire set with RF-7's RC-7 etc for $600 but when I contacted him he said they were sold !

3 minutes ago, Redline2695 said:

Yea I figured it was a good deal because the cheapest RC-7 center channel on eBay is about 320 plus $60 shipping & the rest are about $500-$600 however I did see an entire set with RF-7's RC-7 etc for $600 but when I contacted him he said they were sold !

No $H!T - huh?

Because there are so many Klipsch heads looking for items, advertised "deals" of such magnitude are either fake or sales occur almost instantly.

Since $600 is NOT true market value, that particular sales data should not be used to determine your hard line "buy-in" price.

7 minutes ago, Arrow#422 said:

No $H!T - huh?

Because there are so many Klipsch heads looking for items, advertised "deals" of such magnitude are either fake or sales occur almost instantly.

Since $600 is NOT true market value, that particular sales data should not be used to determine your hard line "buy-in" price.

Yea that was the only "deal" I've seen in the last couple months all of the other ones were $1000 & up, heck there's even a guy over here that has his RF-5's & RC-3 center for $700 

I am not the expert on RF-7 and RC-7 prices, so I defer to others.

In general I would think used RF-7 in good condition would go for about $800, the RC-7 for about $300.  Deals can be found for much less.

Those speakers look pretty beat up with lots of dings and water rings on the cabs.  The other half to that is those are cosmetic issues and will not affect the sound.  If the grills are in good shape it will hide all the dings and the water ring can easily be cleaned up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I am not the expert on RF-7 and RC-7 prices, so I defer to others.

In general I would think used RF-7 in good condition would go for about $800, the RC-7 for about $300.  Deals can be found for much less.

Those speakers look pretty beat up with lots of dings and water rings on the cabs.  The other half to that is those are cosmetic issues and will not affect the sound.  If the grills are in good shape it will hide all the dings and the water ring can easily be cleaned up.

Yea that price range seems about the norm for these speakers, I know the scratches & stuff won't affect performance but I feel that the speakers look better with the grill off & I feel like seeing the drivers like that would bother me but not to much.

12 minutes ago, Deang said:

$800 for all three. Tell him you'd love to give him a $1000, but that they look like hell.

Agree with Dean.

The point being there are RF-7 and RC-7's available on a regular basis IN GOOD SHAPE for the $1000 and both speaker sets are not in pristine condition.   With all the dings I think the Seller might agree with you that $800 is a fair price to both of you.

The first rule of business is "always give the other guy a chance to say yes."  B)

37 minutes ago, Deang said:

$800 for all three. Tell him you'd love to give him a $1000, but that they look like hell.

20 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Agree with Dean.

The point being there are RF-7 and RC-7's available on a regular basis IN GOOD SHAPE for the $1000 and both speaker sets are not in pristine condition.   With all the dings I think the Seller might agree with you that $800 is a fair price to both of you.

The first rule of business is "always give the other guy a chance to say yes."  B)

Since the speakers aren't perfect & they do have some blemishes on the drivers I'm gonna see if he'll try to work with me & lower the price.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dtel said:

Good luck, it's a fair offer, all he can say is no, doesn't hurt to ask.

Myself if everything works, I am ok with a few marks for a good price.

1 hour ago, willland said:

I agree.

Bill

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Agree with Dean.

2 hours ago, Deang said:

He said he'll got down $50 and throw in Monster Z cables .

6 hours ago, Redline2695 said:

Yea that was the only "deal" I've seen in the last couple months all of the other ones were $1000 & up, heck there's even a guy over here that has his RF-5's & RC-3 center for $700 

Which is fair-ish. (-100?)

The 5's are no slouch, and are basically the older version of the RF-82's.

As for pricing the 7's, that's an entire different animal.  $10-1200 for a perfect pair is not unreasonable.

A pair that have been beat on, dropped, cat scratched and peed on have sold for around $300.

An RC-7 for $300 is a good buy as not many in good condition show their faces at, or below, that price.

YMMV