dubs

Anyone ever heard the RP-160M’s lookin to possibly use them for my surround back channels. 

Whats the suggested surrounds to pair with RF-7’s and RC-64 center?

Ive heard RP-250s bi directional surrounds are good, but you should put the regular mono speaker for your surround backs. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dubs said:

Whats the suggested surrounds to pair with RF-7’s and RC-64 center?

Do you have a Frys near you? I think the RB61s are on sale there.

For surrounds, I think RS-62s or RS-52s should work. If you're looking for bookshelves, RB-61s and RB-81s.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:39 PM, dubs said:

Ive heard RP-250s bi directional surrounds are good, but you should put the regular mono speaker for your surround backs. 

Yeah that's the official Dolby recommendation.  You can still use the RP-250S for the rears though, the footprint actually works better for most rooms, kind of need some space to pull the bookshelf thing off.  250S hugs the wall better.  The problem I found when experimenting with surrounds is that the dispersed ones can actually bounce off the side walls plus if you're right in front of one and are close but you are in direct firing line of the horn on the other side, some weird things can happen, like a rear surround effect can play but it sounds like it's coming from the other side of the room, just strange.  Monopole / direct firing ones keep rear effects actually behind you better if that makes sense.  Plus the bookshelves are significantly cheaper.  

• Like 1