FS Parasound A52

dmraupp

Yes I ended the auction early due to a couple issues.The 1st issue was a Ebay bidder bidding up my auction to the reserve price.Then 18 hours later retracted his bid which put it back at the high bid of $454.I did not like that everyone knew the reserve price at that point .The 2nd issue was I received my Krell amp yesterday with the side trim piece broke completely off.The seller could not believe that it arrived damaged with his great packing job.I was completely shocked that is all the damage it sustained.The seller shipped a 60 lb Krell KAV-500 amp wrapped in bubble wrap with some cardboard thrown in for good measure.Then put it all in a box that was 24x18x18 allowing the amp to have plenty of leg room for the road trip.That is when I decided to just end the sale and keep what I have for now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dmraupp said:

Yes I ended the auction early due to a couple issues.The 1st issue was a Ebay bidder bidding up my auction to the reserve price.Then 18 hours later retracted his bid which put it back at the high bid of $454.I did not like that everyone knew the reserve price at that point .The 2nd issue was I received my Krell amp yesterday with the side trim piece broke completely off.The seller could not believe that it arrived damaged with his great packing job.I was completely shocked that is all the damage it sustained.The seller shipped a 60 lb Krell KAV-500 amp wrapped in bubble wrap with some cardboard thrown in for good measure.Then put it all in a box that was 24x18x18 allowing the amp to have plenty of leg room for the road trip.That is when I decided to just end the sale and keep what I have for now.

Wow, that sucks. I don't doubt it though. I just bought a single H II off of Ebay and it arrived with one single sheet of the small bubble wrap on each side panel of the speaker. No protection for corners, edges or anything. Luckily my postmaster marked the box refused and returned to sender. I got the entirety of my payment back from Paypal including the shipping cost. The idiot that sold me the speaker gets his damaged speaker back plus has to pay over $110 in return shipping charges due to his lack of proper packing per the postmaster. If he fails to pay it, he won't even get the speaker back at all. I have no idea what goes through peoples heads when they are shipping large heavy fragile items.

I hope you get your Krell situation squared away.

Tim

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, teaman said:

Wow, that sucks. I don't doubt it though. I just bought a single H II off of Ebay and it arrived with one single sheet of the small bubble wrap on each side panel of the speaker. No protection for corners, edges or anything. Luckily my postmaster marked the box refused and returned to sender. I got the entirety of my payment back from Paypal including the shipping cost. The idiot that sold me the speaker gets his damaged speaker back plus has to pay over $110 in return shipping charges due to his lack of proper packing per the postmaster. If he fails to pay it, he won't even get the speaker back at all. I have no idea what goes through peoples heads when they are shipping large heavy fragile items.

I hope you get your Krell situation squared away.

Tim

I bought it through Audiogon.I had to use Audiogon's express checkout because the seller did not accept PayPal.That means the buyer protection is through Audiogon also.I have never used it before but they seem really good at handling these issues.Audiogon offers buyer 7 days to file a claim.After the item is initially received Audiogon sends a email with a tab to click on that says "looks good"if you click on that button Audiogon releases the funds to the seller and no more recourse is available.I filed a claim right after unpacking the amp.I received an email from customer service requesting more info and pictures.I sent all that in last night,this morning I received email saying they put a hold on the payment and will process a refund.I think all is good.Funny thing is the seller is going to file a claim against FedEx,Yeah good luck with that.

• Like 1

I'm often shocked at how poorly people pack things that are heavy or bulky, or anything at all.

Even companies are guilty of this.  Amazon for example - I ordered brake rotors big ones, heavy.  They came packed in thin wall cardboard box, thrown into a larger thin wall box with a 2 or 3 air pocket thingies.  One of the rotors was ok but the other one had a major impact/ding in the rotor.  So I RMA'd it, got the refund and re-ordered.  Thankfully the replacement survived the trip.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

This is the response I just received moments ago when I contacted Monoprice about a possible purchase of a 100 pound amplifier they listed with an ETA of 3/30/2018

I asked how they packaged this to ensure it is delivered without damage, is it double boxed? 

You’ll find the packing around the amp to be a type of pillow/air-filled plastic.

No,not more damaged audio gear!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dmraupp said:

Yes I ended the auction early due to a couple issues.The 1st issue was a Ebay bidder bidding up my auction to the reserve price.Then 18 hours later retracted his bid which put it back at the high bid of $454.

Unbelievable.  I don't blame you for being upset.

7 hours ago, dmraupp said:

I.The 2nd issue was I received my Krell amp yesterday with the side trim piece broke completely off.The seller could not believe that it arrived damaged with his great packing job.  I was completely shocked that is all the damage it sustained.The seller shipped a 60 lb Krell KAV-500 amp wrapped in bubble wrap with some cardboard thrown in for good measure

Another unbelievable!   :o

How could someone own an amp as nice (and expensive!) as a Krell and NOT know that it had to be packaged better than bubble wrap.

Could it be that the Krell was damaged and the Seller was either thinking he could refund a few bucks and you would keep it, or that he knew he could go after FedEx?

Anytime I ship something I take pics of all angles of the item, all pics of the box before shipping, probably 20 pictures in all.  I've never had an issue.

11 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Unbelievable.  I don't blame you for being upset.

Another unbelievable!   :o

How could someone own an amp as nice (and expensive!) as a Krell and NOT know that it had to be packaged better than bubble wrap.

Could it be that the Krell was damaged and the Seller was either thinking he could refund a few bucks and you would keep it, or that he knew he could go after FedEx?

Anytime I ship something I take pics of all angles of the item, all pics of the box before shipping, probably 20 pictures in all.  I've never had an issue.

That is certainly a possibility.I have the exact message the seller sent to me after I told him that the amp was received damaged(quote below)

1."Are you kidding me please send me pictures. Is the box damaged? That would be the only way for it to be broken the device was wrapped in bubble wrap 6 times and had the box filled with bubble wrap and other hard cardboard"END QUOTE

15 hours ago, bkevind said:

I'm often shocked at how poorly people pack things that are heavy or bulky, or anything at all.

I had one shipping disaster about 7 years ago with a pair of RB-5's and was determined for that to never happen again.  And it hasn't.

This is how it's done when you don't have original packaging.  White box is lined with three inches of foam.  Every possible square inch of space in box was filled with bubble wrap, foam, crumbled newspaper, you name it.  Absolutely no movement inside box from Central Florida to Southern California.

@dmraupp,

Sorry about your misfortunes and hope it all works out in the end.

Bill

post-24680-0-37660000-1452944088.jpg

Acurus A250 bubbled up.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

This is the response I just received moments ago when I contacted Monoprice about a possible purchase of a 100 pound amplifier they listed with an ETA of 3/30/2018

I asked how they packaged this to ensure it is delivered without damage, is it double boxed? 

You’ll find the packing around the amp to be a type of pillow/air-filled plastic.

That is totally unacceptable.

I have been hurt so many times lately that is is what I bout for my VRDs when I need to ship them...

s-l400.jpg

I was looking at pelicans, but it was slightly expensive. I put the amps in there original shipping boxes with all the insulation they originally inside his bullhorn. It's perfect.

5 hours ago, willland said:

I had one shipping disaster about 7 years ago with a pair of RB-5's and was determined for that to never happen again.  And it hasn't.

This is how it's done when you don't have original packaging.  White box is lined with three inches of foam.  Every possible square inch of space in box was filled with bubble wrap, foam, crumbled newspaper, you name it.  Absolutely no movement inside box from Central Florida to Southern California.

@dmraupp,

Sorry about your misfortunes and hope it all works out in the end.

Bill

post-24680-0-37660000-1452944088.jpg

Acurus A250 bubbled up.jpg

I sure wish the Krell would have been packed like that.