Question about Distressed Oak finish

Shakeydeal

• Moderators

I don't know about the Distressed Oak, is it sprayed with clear ? It could be clear and still not glossy, if so I would NOT wipe with anything but a damp rag.

I would call someone to make sure, anything wiped over clear even satin clear will just make a big mess.

6 hours ago, dtel said:

I don't know about the Distressed Oak, is it sprayed with clear ? It could be clear and still not glossy, if so I would NOT wipe with anything but a damp rag.

I would call someone to make sure, anything wiped over clear even satin clear will just make a big mess.

I agree.  Clearcoat or lacquer finish just wipe with damp cloth or maybe Pledge or similar occasionally.

Bill

23 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Should these things be oiled? They look awfully dry, but before I wipe them down with lemon oil, thought I'd ask.

Thx.

Shakey

what speakers are they?  if they are klipsch, the finish type should be listed on the rear tags... by "distressed oak"  i assume you just mean they are old/dry/worn.  lemon oil is good stuff for maintnance & should be used on the "oiled" finishes, if they are cleared then just use a damp cloth or mild furniture cleaner to wipe them down.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, EPICKLIPSCHFAN said:

what speakers are they?  if they are klipsch, the finish type should be listed on the rear tags... by "distressed oak"  i assume you just mean they are old/dry/worn.  lemon oil is good stuff for maintnance & should be used on the "oiled" finishes, if they are cleared then just use a damp cloth or mild furniture cleaner to wipe them down.

They are brand new Klipsch in Distressed Oak, a factory veneer.

• Haha 1